Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Off to the USA - with luck and keeping everything crossed!

Off to the USA - with luck and keeping everything crossed!

Old Sep 17th 2014, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

KimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off to the USA - with luck and keeping everything crossed!

Hi!

We are planning to emigrate to the USA on an E2 visa. Have been reading the forum for a while, lots of help from you all and looking forward to asking random questions as and when they pop into my brain
Old Sep 17th 2014, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Off to the USA - with luck and keeping everything crossed!

Welcome and good luck.
You'll find we're a curious bunch and appreciate a two way flow of info. Like blokes down then pub..

What sort of business?
Plan B if business fails?
(I run a business in CA.)

Where you thinking of moving to?

You'll be aware I'm sure that it's a non immigrant visa.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

KimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond reputeKimmyCustard has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks!

We are buying a vineyard in Missouri so are investing a substantial amount of $$$ into the business. Its a loooong story but we have decided to take the plunge and do it. We have friends who live where we are going so we are lucky in that its like having our own small encyclopedia for the 1000 questions we have!

We dont have a Plan B if it doesnt work, so it HAS to!

I am aware its a non immigrant visa that has to be renewed regularly in order to remain in the USA.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 9:46 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KimmyCustard
Thanks!

We are buying a vineyard in Missouri so are investing a substantial amount of $$$ into the business. Its a loooong story but we have decided to take the plunge and do it. We have friends who live where we are going so we are lucky in that its like having our own small encyclopedia for the 1000 questions we have!

We dont have a Plan B if it doesnt work, so it HAS to!

I am aware its a non immigrant visa that has to be renewed regularly in order to remain in the USA.
I know little about Missouri aside that I have never heard of a Missouri wine, ever. A little due diligence may be in order. Please be careful.
Old Sep 18th 2014, 11:35 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck!

It sounds like it is always needed
Old Sep 18th 2014, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

There are over 120 wineries and vineyards in MO some of which have been open since 1880. Whilst they are not in the Napa Valley range of wine, they do well.

Thanks for your concern but I think we'll be OK.
Old Sep 19th 2014, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't mind a bottle when you're up and running.
Good luck
Old Sep 20th 2014, 8:10 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum

Mmmm bottle of wine....yes please.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Not sure if we will be able to ship to Penang but definitely LA!
Old Sep 20th 2014, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

I lived in MO for 15 years. Good luck with your vineyard..MO is a nice place to live.
Old Sep 20th 2014, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by morayeel
I lived in MO for 15 years. Good luck with your vineyard..MO is a nice place to live.
Thanks morayeel, where in MO did you live?
Old Sep 22nd 2014, 8:19 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KimmyCustard
Hi!

We are planning to emigrate to the USA on an E2 visa. Have been reading the forum for a while, lots of help from you all and looking forward to asking random questions as and when they pop into my brain
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary