Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Now what Do I do

Now what Do I do

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:42 am
Just Joined

rigsy is just really nicerigsy is just really nicerigsy is just really nicerigsy is just really nicerigsy is just really nicerigsy is just really nicerigsy is just really nicerigsy is just really nice
Thumbs up Now what Do I do

Hi Everyone my name is Jan and here visiting my daughter her husband and grand children, I'm here for a year and whilst here I have found that I can apply for contributory parent, mmmmm very expensive but the only way for me...... unless you know different.......
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask for advice or I have to go to a different forum, guess someone will point me in the right direction. Anyway I need someone to advise me if its better to ;
*apply for a temp visa or permanent straight off,
*where can I do this on or off shore,
* can I apply off shore for either visa
*if I can apply off shore, can I do this in New Zealand

Phew many thanks folks,, any other advice would be great !!!! ooops the above is about Australian migration sorry not very clear

Last edited by rigsy; Mar 22nd 2011 at 1:22 am. Reason: not quiet finished
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:52 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now what Do I do

Welcome to BE

This section is just a spot to make introductions.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108 That's the section for NZ immigration where you might want to have a search around for answers as well as asking your own
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 12:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rigsy
Hi Everyone my name is Jan and here visiting my daughter her husband and grand children, I'm here for a year and whilst here I have found that I can apply for contributory parent, mmmmm very expensive but the only way for me...... unless you know different.......
I don't know if this is the correct place to ask for advice or I have to go to a different forum, guess someone will point me in the right direction. Anyway I need someone to advise me if its better to ;

Phew many thanks folks,, any other advice would be great !!!!
Hello and welcome to BE.

Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. We have lots of helpful members who will help you with the immigration process. It would be best if you post your immigration questions in the Australia Immigration Forum. We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forums...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page of the Australia Forum...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top forum is the Immigration Forum...the Main forum is for topics relating to Australia and The Barbie is for general chit chat. Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

Kelli28 is the concierge for the Australia forums...so if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Kelli.

For all other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20,, Sonlymewalter and Alistairboyle.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Mar 22nd 2011 at 2:11 am. Reason: changed info from NZ to Aus
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 1:51 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rigsy

Phew many thanks folks,, any other advice would be great !!!! ooops the above is about Australian migration sorry not very clear
Hi rigsy,

A big welcome to BE. We happen to have a group of people like yourself who are looking to move to Australia on the Contributory Parent Visa. You can find a current thread on the topic here. They are all great at answering questions and sharing experiences so I'm sure you will be able to pick up some tips there.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 2:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi rigsy...I have changed the information that I gave you in my previous post and posted links to the Australia forums.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 2:59 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rigsy

I see you have been given links to the forums where you will find answers, which just leaves me to say welcome to BE and good luck with your visa.

Dread - x
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 6:53 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome from me too good luck with your plans
B