Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Not so new in Melbourne...

Not so new in Melbourne...

Old Dec 15th 2009, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Bobbin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not so new in Melbourne...

Hi, I'm Kathryn from Sheffield, been living in Melbourne (Ivanhoe) for just over a year (arrived Oct 08)

Just split up from my boyfriend of 8 1/2 years so looking to get to know some new people

I've also started posting on Britvics so may see some of you on there too...
Old Dec 15th 2009, 12:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not so new in Melbourne...

Originally Posted by Bobbin
Hi, I'm Kathryn from Sheffield, been living in Melbourne (Ivanhoe) for just over a year (arrived Oct 08)

Just split up from my boyfriend of 8 1/2 years so looking to get to know some new people

I've also started posting on Britvics so may see some of you on there too...
Hello and welcome to BE.

I am also from Sheffield...although I haven't lived there for many years.

You appear to have found your way into our Australia forum...hopefully you will make a few friends there.
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Getting There
Welcome to BE.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Thanks for the hellos!!
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the hellos!!
Hi there

I'm sorry to hear about your break-up. My husband and I have just moved to Melbourne and also looking to make friends. Do you have plans over xmas?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beachlou
Hi there

I'm sorry to hear about your break-up. My husband and I have just moved to Melbourne and also looking to make friends. Do you have plans over xmas?
Hi beachlou, luckily I have friends whoi are going to be in NZ over christmas so I am going to stay with them. The thought of being on my own here was not something I was looking forward to. But I am defiinitely up for making some new friends.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello and welcome to BE.

I am also from Sheffield...although I haven't lived there for many years.

You appear to have found your way into our Australia forum...hopefully you will make a few friends there.
I'm hoping to meet some friends, that would be so good. I have met some friends at work, but feel like I need to broaden my horizons, and get out and enjoy a fantastic city.

I'm originally from Scunthorpe (North Lincs) but moved to Sheffield when I went to Uni.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

beachlou is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi beachlou, luckily I have friends whoi are going to be in NZ over christmas so I am going to stay with them. The thought of being on my own here was not something I was looking forward to. But I am defiinitely up for making some new friends.
That's good then. My husband and I are in our mid/late 20s who enjoy shopping, social activities, odd drink, eating out etc. If you fancy meeting up, let us know-I definitely would like to make some new friends-don't know anyone here. Have a good xmas in NZ.