Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

not British but i believe we can work this out :)

not British but i believe we can work this out :)

Old Mar 30th 2012, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

Antalya is an unknown quantity at this point
Default not British but i believe we can work this out :)

Hi all;

I am from Turkey (my nick being Antalya, my home town).

I live in Izmir (west coast of Turkey)

i do travel alot due to my business structure. So now i am in Malaga Spain

i was looking for some usefull info about the premises and this web site have been very helpfull, thus i decided to register and greet the community.

Keep up the good work

And any questions regarding my home town is wellcome as well.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 3:36 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: not British but i believe we can work this out :)

Hi Antalya

Welcome to BE.

I see you have already found your way to our Spain forum where you can chat with other folks living and working there.

All the best with your new home in Malaga and hope you enjoy our forums

Dread - x
Old Mar 31st 2012, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply, which also helped me to see that i have missed to add some basic.

i am not moving in to malaga.

Due to business issues i travel foreign countries quite often. Namely i have been to several cities several times in Germany, Austria, Italy, United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Jordan, Russia, Tatarstan, Ethiopia, India, Thailand, China, Singapore. There may be few more which i can not remember right now.

Those trips can be as short as 2 days or as long as 30 days. (Actually i am trying to reduce the time i am travelling due to family issues but business is demanding.)

And now i am in Spain till 03.04.2012

i know this doesnt make me an expat. (or may be expat of the world?)

Still the information shared in this community is usefull and i may have a word or two sometimes. i really do not appreciate sucking out all the information without a trace thus i registered, at least i can thank to those who share and support.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 10:46 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

No problem, full expat or not, you are still very welcome here on BE.

Dread - x
Old Mar 31st 2012, 2:21 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Mar 31st 2012, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

thank you Rosemary and dreadsoc.

I guess i am doing fine so far, despite not having a guide and my non existing Spanish. (never felt lucky about the signs on the doors of wc's before LOL)

Still can not order the tapas properly but drinks are not a problem any more (cerveza, mojito).

Found some supermarkets (ingles, eroski) and solved the supplies issue.

Tried few of so called turkish restaurants and got the chance to eat the worst "doner" (shawarma) ever. i hope not many people are wasting their money on that stuff.

Hit several clubs in the evenings, similar scene in all of them with the loud music and dance lovers. Watching for some time is fun but not my style. OK i am not that old (31 only) but still i would prefer a pub with some light music and more chat.

Had some walk this afternoon and tried to locate some of that kind, but not much luck. Can not be understood from the outside when closed.

Still i will try my chances in 1 or 2 addresses. Yet any suggestions (especially where there are english speaking bartenders) are wellcome.
Old Mar 31st 2012, 3:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that there would have been a lot of English speakers in that area so you have surprised me with your findings.

Rosemary