British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Newbie to the site :) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/newbie-site-735151/)

sky_summers Oct 9th 2011 6:57 pm

Newbie to the site :)

Hi all,

Just thought I would stop by and introduce myself. I'm currently waiting on a decision regarding my permanent residency application for both myself and my 8 year old daughter. We put our application in at the end of June 2011 and the sponsorship element was agreed on the 9th September. It has now been passed over to the Canadian Embassy in London for a decision. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long :D I'm married to a lovely Canadian man and looking forward to us all settling down together in Ontario :D :D :D

Jerseygirl Oct 10th 2011 12:14 am

Re: Newbie to the site :)

Originally Posted by sky_summers (Post 9666261)
Hi all,

Just thought I would stop by and introduce myself. I'm currently waiting on a decision regarding my permanent residency application for both myself and my 8 year old daughter. We put our application in at the end of June 2011 and the sponsorship element was agreed on the 9th September. It has now been passed over to the Canadian Embassy in London for a decision. Here's hoping it doesn't take too long :D I'm married to a lovely Canadian man and looking forward to us all settling down together in Ontario :D :D :D

Hi there and welcome to BE.

We have several excellent forums covering Canada. If you click on this link it will direct you to the index page of the main Canada forum. At the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums...the top one being the Immigration Forum. Any questions relating specifically to the immigration process should be posted there. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

The BE Wiki is a great source of information...I recommend you take a read through the Canada section.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Good luck with the move to Canada. :fingerscrossed:

dreadsoc Oct 10th 2011 1:02 am

Re: Newbie to the site :)

Hi Sky

I see Jerseygirl has fixed you up the links to our Canada forum, where you will find lots of relevant information to help your move along, as well as chatting with expats alrady living there.
That just leaves me to say welcome to BE and all the best - I hope things are sorted soon for you so that your family can be together.

Dread - x