Reload this Page >

Newbie Saying Hi.

Newbie Saying Hi.

Old Jun 12th 2019, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Vader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie Saying Hi.

Hello everyone.
My name is John (nickname Vader) and I'm new to this site. My intention is to move to the Martos area of Spain (there or thereabouts). I have a friend who lives/has property in this area and he has nothing but good things to say about it. I want to come over for a visit in July for say 10-14 days to have a look around. I currently live in Aberdeen where I move to over 30 years ago. Prior to moving to Aberdeen, I worked in the Shipyards on the river Clyde as a maintenance engineer before redundancy forced me to look elsewhere for work, hence why I'm in Aberdeen. I like motorbiking and dancing Tango (what a combination..!!), but don't get out on the bike as much as I'd like. Given my age and that I chucked my job recently, I've decided that an adventure abroad on a more permanent basis is called for whilst I still have my health and faculties. I intend to rent in the Martos area for say 6 months to see if I like it, can handle the lifestyle and to see if there is work for me there before committing to a permanent residency. I'll do my best to navigate to the correct areas on the site for getting advice on the subject/matter. I also have my first Spanish language lessons beginning in July.
Best regards and looking forward to chatting with you all.
Cheers - JD
Old Jun 13th 2019, 1:25 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie Saying Hi.

Morning, Vader, and welcome to BE

Thanks for stopping at the Inn and introducing yourself. I will give you two links at the end of this post. One is for the Spain forum and the other is for the site rules. So sorry to hear that you have been made redundant.

I'm sure that since Spain is a favored country for expats that there are many expats there who will be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Good luck on your adventure.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/
Old Jun 16th 2019, 6:43 pm
Banned

Magmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond reputeMagmax has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Newbie Saying Hi.

Good evening Vader And Rete. Welcome Vader. in Spanish that would be Bienvenido.