Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Newbie in San Diego

Newbie in San Diego

Old Sep 21st 2011, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Sassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really niceSassyjaybabe is just really nice
Default Newbie in San Diego

Hi All!
I am Sarah, moved to San Diego 2 weeks ago from UK as my husband has an intra company transfer!

Quite overwhelmed by it all to be honest and a little lonely :S

xxx
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 5:06 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie in San Diego

Originally Posted by Sassyjaybabe
Hi All!
I am Sarah, moved to San Diego 2 weeks ago from UK as my husband has an intra company transfer!

xxx
Hello and welcome Sarah,

We have a large number of US based expats who, I am certain, have felt as you do now, at one time or another, and will be more than glad to make you welcome. Here is the link for the US Forums.

I might suggest you take a look in the BE Wiki where you can find plenty of helpful information. If you require any assistance finding your way about, the concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake, and she can act as your tourguide.

For any other problems or concerns please address them to a moderator or admin, (Sue). The moderators for the US Forums are Bob, penguinsix and MsElui.

And Jerseygirl will be around to welcome you properly in no time. But until you are better welcomed, greetings from Ontario, Canada!

With every good wish,
Christian

Last edited by Christian; Sep 22nd 2011 at 7:02 am.
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 2:01 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 5:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and good luck with it all!

Quite a few folks on BE in your neck of the woods so should be able to get quite a bit of help if you search around and have any questions
Old Sep 22nd 2011, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

Hi All!

xxx
Hi Sarah

I'm up in Carlsbad ( North County - 30 mins North of Downtown ) , been here nearly 15 years. Let me know if I can help out with anything .

We've got a great Irish pub up here

Last edited by Englishman43; Sep 22nd 2011 at 6:24 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2011, 6:49 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah

Welcome to BE.
I am not surprised you are finding things a bit overwhelming. It is a big move to a new country and there are many things to contend with. I am glad you have found us here at BE as there is a USA forum full of Brit expats who have probably felt exactly the same at some time. Pop over and introduce yourself and I am sure you will be getting a decent 'Brit fix' whenever you feel the need, and may well get to know some others in your area in the process.
If you find yourself needing some help navigating the forum, pop back here and let us now and we will do our best to help.

In the meantime, I wish you all the bst in your new home, and don't forget that when you feel lonely or homesick, come and have a chat.

Dread - x
Old Sep 25th 2011, 4:41 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

i did the L2 thing almost 4 years ago so i know how it feels.

I found just knowing there were people on here who understood really helped. also could ask those niggling questions you were too embarrassed to ask the locals. Like bed linen sizes, or cooking terms/ measurements etc.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 11:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All!

xxx
Welcome to the site Sassyjaybabe.

Overwhelmed and lonely...well I know that feeling...quite a few of us do...so you're in good company. It does help to chat about it to fellow Brits and you will find the people on here very supportive.

Quite a few of the people who post in the US Forums are from SD...they will help you out with tips and info about the area.

I hope you enjoy being part of our community of expats.