Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Newbie from North East England

Newbie from North East England

Old Jan 9th 2010, 10:33 am
Just Joined

philip_west1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie from North East England

Hi everyone, considering I'm new here, I figure it'd be nice to introduce myself.

I'm Philip West, twenty years old, from Durham in the north eastern part of England. Currently studying at Gateshead College towards a qualification in music technology and possibly going to university in September to study music industry management.

Hoping to move to either Canada or the United States as a long term aim. Job wise, I'd be hoping to find work in the music industry, either as a writer or a mailroom worker, but hey, gotta start somewhere. Failing that, I'd settle for a job as an admin worker but i'm still young and very ambitious (probably too ambitious on occasion).

That's about it by way of an introduction, good to be here and hopefully i'll find my way!!

Phil.
Old Jan 10th 2010, 1:51 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie from North East England

Hi Phil,

Welcome to BE. I am sure you will find lots of info on BE about moving to and living in Canada and the USA. If you haven't found it yet we have a brilliant wiki that our members have contributed to. You will find it packed with lots of practical info about living as an expat abroad.

Sue
Old Jan 10th 2010, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie from North East England

Hello Philip...welcome to BE.

I've been reading your posts in our US forum...here is the link to our Canada forums. Hopefully posting questions in both forums will help you with your decision. Good luck.