British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   newbie moving to Benidorm area (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/newbie-moving-benidorm-area-708090/)

acpc200 Mar 5th 2011 8:59 pm

newbie moving to Benidorm area

Hi,

I am moving to the Benidorm are as I have a teaching job in La Nucia, not sure whereabouts to live yet.....We had a short holiday in Benidorm and had a look around. Albir is my favourite place so far! Any ideas on where to live so I can get to La Nucia easily- i dont drive.........

Jerseygirl Mar 6th 2011 1:08 am

Re: newbie moving to Benidorm area

Originally Posted by acpc200 (Post 9220088)
Hi,

I am moving to the Benidorm are as I have a teaching job in La Nucia, not sure whereabouts to live yet.....We had a short holiday in Benidorm and had a look around. Albir is my favourite place so far! Any ideas on where to live so I can get to La Nucia easily- i dont drive.........

Hi there...welcome to BE.

Congratulations of the new job.:thumbsup: I see you have already started posting in the Spain forums. The people who post in there will try their best to help answer any questions you may have about Benidorm and the surrounding areas.

Please take a look in the BE Wiki...there may be info in there about Benidorm.

BE is a large expat website...so it's understandable that you may have problems finding your way around our many forums. We have a team of concierges who will direct you around the website. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Please shout out if you need any further help.

MnB Mar 6th 2011 5:52 pm

Hi,

Hi 'Welcome to BE' :thumbsup: good luck with your move & new job!!:fingerscrossed:

millenium Mar 10th 2011 1:45 pm

Hi acpc200,

We have just moved from La Nucia to Ireland due to my work, there are plenty of places to rent in Altea/Albir but the rents seem cheaper in La Nucia

eveningstar Apr 17th 2011 4:08 pm

Hi,

Hi, I taught for a while in an international school but had to return due to falling numbers. I have an interview with the same school you are going to in a week's time. So it will be interesting to see what happens.

Rents are about 500-800E roughly and depends on what you are looking for in accommodation, you will need to get your residency, open a bank account, get your NIE and your padron. You can pay someone to get that for you but you are best getting them yourself.

Jerseygirl Apr 17th 2011 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by eveningstar (Post 9310225)
Hi, I taught for a while in an international school but had to return due to falling numbers. I have an interview with the same school you are going to in a week's time. So it will be interesting to see what happens.

Rents are about 500-800E roughly and depends on what you are looking for in accommodation, you will need to get your residency, open a bank account, get your NIE and your padron. You can pay someone to get that for you but you are best getting them yourself.

Hello there...welcome to BE. :)

I think you will find the links I posted in my post #2 useful to help find your feet on the forums. Please take a look at the Spain Forums...there's always a lot going on in there. Just say hello and join in the banter.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and please do not hesitate to ask if you need help with anything. :)

dreadsoc Apr 17th 2011 7:16 pm

Hi acpc and Evening star

Small world - you may end up working together.

Welcome to BE both of you and good luck with all your plans

Dread - x

eveningstar Apr 17th 2011 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by dreadsoc (Post 9310438)
Hi acpc and Evening star

Small world - you may end up working together.

Welcome to BE both of you and good luck with all your plans

Dread - x

Yeah, I suppose stranger things have happened. I taught for a year in Spain and I really enjoyed it. There's just something so positive about getting up to the sunshine every day makes the journey to work that little more pleasant. I had minus 15C this winter and snow and ice for at least 5 weeks. So I know what cold is.

So, here's hoping!

acpc200 Aug 6th 2011 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by eveningstar (Post 9310225)

So did you get the job? Maybe we can meet up. I have been here for a couple of months now. Thanks for the other messages too :)

Rosemary Aug 7th 2011 7:36 am

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham