Reload this Page >

Newbie looking to move to New Zealand

Newbie looking to move to New Zealand

Old Jun 15th 2014, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

minisi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie looking to move to New Zealand

Hi all,

New to the forum and Looking for as much help/ info as possible.
Have always wanted to live in New Zealand. Although I've never been there it's just so appealing to me.

Have just recently split up with my long term girlfriend of 8 years so looking for a fresh start. I think nows a better time than any.
I'm a fully qualified electrician with over 10 years experience so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very greatful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Simon
Old Jun 16th 2014, 3:47 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie looking to move to New Zealand

Hi Simon

welcome to BE.

best post in the NZ forum New Zealand - British Expats

but you would need to check out the Immigration website and see if you can qualify for a visa

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/pointsindicator/

you would also have to see if you fit the criteria for Electrician which does appear on the skills list Essential Skills In Demand Lists
Old Jun 16th 2014, 1:47 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Simon and welcome to the forum

As MrsFychan says, do check out the NZ section of the forum and check the visa situation. I imagine you might want to visit NZ first to see if you actually like the place too.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 5:02 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minisi View Post
Hi all,

New to the forum and Looking for as much help/ info as possible.
Have always wanted to live in New Zealand. Although I've never been there it's just so appealing to me.

Have just recently split up with my long term girlfriend of 8 years so looking for a fresh start. I think nows a better time than any.
I'm a fully qualified electrician with over 10 years experience so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very greatful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards Simon
Hey there and welcome to BE.

Come on down to the New Zealand forum and we will try to help.

You don't say what age you under 30 odd you could go for the working holiday visa.
Or you could get a job offer and take up a temp work visa just to try NZ out for a couple of years.

Anyway. See you in the NZ forum.