Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Newbie looking for a move away from the UK

Newbie looking for a move away from the UK

Old Apr 13th 2016, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Nathaniel is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Newbie looking for a move away from the UK

Hi guys I'm 16 heading onto 17 in July and all I've ever wanted is to move abroad. I do suffer from depression and I've been bullied on my local park by 'thugs'. I've reached a point where I'm currently receiving counselling because of my anxiety and paranoia, I'm really hoping I get a fresh start in the States
Old Apr 13th 2016, 8:36 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie looking for a move away from the UK

Originally Posted by Nathaniel
Hi guys I'm 16 heading onto 17 in July and all I've ever wanted is to move abroad. I do suffer from depression and I've been bullied on my local park by 'thugs'. I've reached a point where I'm currently receiving counselling because of my anxiety and paranoia, I'm really hoping I get a fresh start in the States
Welcome to BE.

This area of the forum is for welcomes and introductions, so questions about the US would be best asked in the US forum.

That said, it is extremely tough to get a visa to live in the US, especially without a degree and the backing of an employer to transfer you. The other primary routes are through investment in a business - think $200k-$1million, or sponsored by a closed family member. Take a look at the two Pulaski wikis in the US section of the wikis tab above and you will see how tough it is.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 8:41 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE, please have a look at this forum and ask questions there, also read the Wiki information about moving to the US, and in particular Pulaski's ways.

US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas - British Expats
Old Apr 13th 2016, 11:19 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nathaniel and welcome to the forum

That's brilliant that you're getting counselling. Be positive about the future. There's so much out there in life for you to explore.

The guys above have given you some links to the US section, so have a browse through. It's a tough course to pick the US but you have your dream. It's something to aim for in life.

Have a good think about your education, get a degree(?) and see if there's a way that will allow you to follow this dream. Have to work hard to achieve your dreams Nobody will hand you the opportunity on a plate. But determination may just get you there
Old Apr 14th 2016, 12:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

You've already been given the link to the US Immigration forums. The people who hang out there will give you good advice.

Please bear in mind when reading and responding to the comments...the BE forums are primarily for adults.

Edit: Nice avatar.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Apr 14th 2016 at 1:29 am.