British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   Newbie Hopefully moving to Vancouver!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/newbie-hopefully-moving-vancouver-820518/)

pjeds Jan 6th 2014 11:33 am

Newbie Hopefully moving to Vancouver!!

Hi my family and I (one girl aged 8 and one boy aged 4 and my wife) are hopefully moving to Vancouver in the next 6 months. I am currently involved in some discussions with a shipbuilding company with regards to a role they see fit for me. We are out door people if that makes sense and are very family orientated. I was hoping to get some tips on schooling and what areas to live.Truefully, any info any one can send me would be very much appreciated as things seem to be happening quite quickly with regards the job

Thanks
pjeds:D

old.sparkles Jan 6th 2014 11:35 am

Re: Newbie Hopefully moving to Vancouver!!

Originally Posted by pjeds (Post 11065227)
Hi my family and I (one girl aged 8 and one boy aged 4 and my wife) are hopefully moving to Vancouver in the next 6 months. I am currently involved in some discussions with a shipbuilding company with regards to a role they see fit for me. We are out door people if that makes sense and are very family orientated. I was hoping to get some tips on schooling and what areas to live.Truefully, any info any one can send me would be very much appreciated as things seem to be happening quite quickly with regards the job

Thanks

Hi pjeds and welcome to BE :wave:

Have a look in our Canada forums - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56 and you should be able to find some help

Good luck :)

pjeds Jan 6th 2014 11:38 am

:thumbsup: cheers

Sue Jan 6th 2014 11:42 am

Welcome to BE!!!

Our Canada forum is just the place for you. I'm sure you will pick up lots and tips and info there :)

If you get stuck on anything on the site please give me a shout.

christmasoompa Jan 6th 2014 11:42 am

Originally Posted by pjeds (Post 11065227)

Thanks

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Don't panic about things moving quickly, the LMO alone will take 12-16 weeks, so you've got a bit of time to sort stuff out before you leave. If you're an outdoorsy family then Vancouver should suit you well.

Pop over to the Canada forums with any questions and I'll see you there.

Best of luck with it.

haver Jan 10th 2014 10:49 pm

Richmond BC is a very family oriented city with lots of community centres and parks. The schools are very good here too

Rosemary Jan 11th 2014 7:07 am

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary