Reload this Page >

Newbie first post!

Newbie first post!

Old Jun 29th 2012, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

joylove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Newbie first post!

Hi!

I'm a British guy who will be relocating to the SF area with my wife this October with work. Luckily the company has a mature reloation process, and almost everything that I can think of is being taken care of for me, with the exception of my bank and medical and oter perosonal items.

Does anyone have and tips for things that might have been overlooked? I'm off now to browse the US stickies.

Cheers!
Bob
Old Jun 29th 2012, 1:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie first post!

Welcome to BE and good luck!

So you got a H1 huh

Well there are plenty of threads on the dreaded H4 for the missus to read over and there's quite a lot of info in the wiki on things to consider before moving over and the like, but also a couple of threads going over things in the last couple of weeks that would be well worth browsing
Old Jun 29th 2012, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome Bob! I did hear mention that I'm on the 'bitch' VISA and she's on the 'pet' VISA
Old Jun 29th 2012, 5:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joylove
Thanks for the welcome Bob! I did hear mention that I'm on the 'bitch' VISA and she's on the 'pet' VISA
to BE.

You're moving to a lovely part of the country. We have several members in the SF area...they usually hang out in the US forums.

Please give me a shout if there is anything site relate that I can help you with.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joylove
Hi!

I'm a British guy who will be relocating to the SF area with my wife this October with work. Luckily the company has a mature reloation process, and almost everything that I can think of is being taken care of for me, with the exception of my bank and medical and oter perosonal items.

Does anyone have and tips for things that might have been overlooked? I'm off now to browse the US stickies.

Cheers!
Bob
Congrats. SF is a great city to be around. Don't know what you like in terms of living but Marin County and the East Bay are worth looking at. On balance I think the East Bay offers better commute options if you truly are working downtown area of SF. I call it the lost valley, as when you drive up through the hills and tunnel you enter a different world Moraga, Orinda, Lafayette, Walnut Creek. Some pricey real estate out there like everywhere but also some good options, renting etc. Plus you get Diablo Mountain area to walk and hike. As they say 'country living in the city.'
Old Jul 1st 2012, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Thanks ever so much for the warm welcome. Will head over to the US forum to post up a thread this afternoon!