Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Thinking of moving to NZ in the next couple of months

Thinking of moving to NZ in the next couple of months

Old Jul 9th 2017, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Jabberwocky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of moving to NZ in the next couple of months

Hi all,I'm thinking of moving to New Zealand in the next couple of months,probably to Canterbury/Christchurch area as I'm a truck driver and that's the only area with truck driver on the skills shortage list,was going to come over and hopefully find a job as getting one from the UK seems a bit unrealistic,am I right in thinking that as truck driving is on the Canterbury skills shortage list that if I get a truck driving job it should be relatively straight forward to get a work permit??,was also going to rent a room to start with and buy a cheap car to get me around,is car insurance still not compulsory?? I have been to NZ a couple of times before,although that was in the North island up near Auckland, how different is the South island??
Many thanks in advance for any help and advice

Regards

Michael
Old Jul 9th 2017, 9:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default re: Thinking of moving to NZ in the next couple of months

Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
Hi all,I'm thinking of moving to New Zealand in the next couple of months,probably to Canterbury/Christchurch area as I'm a truck driver and that's the only area with truck driver on the skills shortage list,was going to come over and hopefully find a job as getting one from the UK seems a bit unrealistic,am I right in thinking that as truck driving is on the Canterbury skills shortage list that if I get a truck driving job it should be relatively straight forward to get a work permit??,was also going to rent a room to start with and buy a cheap car to get me around,is car insurance still not compulsory?? I have been to NZ a couple of times before,although that was in the North island up near Auckland, how different is the South island??
Many thanks in advance for any help and advice

Regards

Michael
Hi there and welcome to British Expats.

Come on down to the New Zealand forum where we can chat about visa, lifestyle and the other queries you put forward.

I emigrated to NZ 13 years ago but shan't chat here as it is for Intros really.

regards
BEVS