British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   newbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/newbie-843336/)

thentherewhere5 Sep 17th 2014 7:20 pm

hi all,i am new to the forum so please bear with me .i have recently noticed the canadian immigration adverts and have filled in a preliminary questionare with an agency.what sort of prospects are there for couples in late 40s one small child in canada has opposed to the uk.we both work motor trade,construction how difficult is it finding work,accomodation,settling in and sticking with it.i can imagine everyone has the dream only for it to turn pearshape , any advice would be appreciated,cheers

christmasoompa Sep 17th 2014 7:25 pm

Re: newbie

Originally Posted by thentherewhere5 (Post 11408651)
hi all,i am new to the forum so please bear with me .i have recently noticed the canadian immigration adverts and have filled in a preliminary questionare with an agency.what sort of prospects are there for couples in late 40s one small child in canada has opposed to the uk.we both work motor trade,construction how difficult is it finding work,accomodation,settling in and sticking with it.i can imagine everyone has the dream only for it to turn pearshape , any advice would be appreciated,cheers

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Pop over to the Canada forums and you can ask your questions there, the Wiki is also full of info and will help you figure out if you would qualify for a visa.

Not sure which 'agency' you've used for your questionnaire, but do also check out their reviews on the forum as there are some very dodgy ones out there, and if you do decide to use a consultant to help you with the forms (most people just do it themselves), then make sure they're registered with ICCRC.

HTH, and see you in the Canada forums soon.

:)

thentherewhere5 Sep 17th 2014 7:39 pm

thanks for your reply,i shall do that ,cheers

bakedbean Sep 18th 2014 1:47 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

SchnookoLoly Sep 18th 2014 10:06 pm

:welcome:

See you over in the Canada section! Canada - British Expats

thentherewhere5 Sep 19th 2014 3:26 pm

thanks

thentherewhere5 Sep 19th 2014 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by bakedbean (Post 11409553)
Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

cheers

Rosemary Sep 22nd 2014 8:20 am

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

thentherewhere5 Sep 22nd 2014 6:28 pm

hi, thanks for the information and your help