Newbie =)

Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

stardustuk7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Newbie =)

Hi. So....not sure how to start this tbh...
Since I was really young, I've always dreamed of moving to America. Now that I'm older (A LOT older it feels!) I still dream about moving to America! At my age and lack of qualifications, I have absolutly no idea on how I could make this a reality. I thought I'd come say hi and see if I can somehow actually make my dream become a reality.
I'm currently living in Coventry, England where it's raining and windy, no surprise there I guess.
Stella.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 5:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie =)

Hi, and welcome to BE.

The best thing to do would be to post in the US immi forums, and people will give you a realistic view of your chances. If there's no chance now, look at it as a long term plan - get more education, some good skills and work experience and maybe try and find a multi-national company that can transfer you in the future.

It's always possible if you're determined and are prepared to make yourself eligible for a visa and attractive enough to US employers.

But post your background info (whereabouts you want to move to, any US based relatives, your job, education etc) in the US immi forum, and somebody will point you in the right direction.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:05 am
Just Joined

stardustuk7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, I'll have a look now.
I'm a biomedical assistant at the moment, been doing that for 3 years. At 35, I think I may have missed my chance at learning something new in time. Especially something that would be of benefit to helping me move to America. But I'll have a look and keep my fingers crossed. Thank you again.
Stella.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 11:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stardustuk7
Thanks, I'll have a look now.
I'm a biomedical assistant at the moment, been doing that for 3 years. At 35, I think I may have missed my chance at learning something new in time. Especially something that would be of benefit to helping me move to America. But I'll have a look and keep my fingers crossed. Thank you again.
Stella.
No idea if that's a job that would get you a visa/sponsorship, but the US immi pros will know. But 35 is definitely not too late, you can easily get some further education (not sure what you've got now, but if it's needed) and advance your career. Being in your 30's means you've got 30 or 40 years of work left in you, so plenty of time to do it in the US! In fact, I'd say you've got far more chance than somebody in their twenties with little work experience, it's unlikely that any company would sponsor them.

Best of luck.
Old Mar 28th 2014, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

As Chris says, try posting in the US immigration section. We refer people to this link:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

You will also get people pointing out that everyday life in the US is not so different from the UK, and tougher if you are not well-off.

See you in the US forums!