New to US

Old Nov 17th 2009, 1:33 pm
Just Joined

LizH1 is just really niceLizH1 is just really niceLizH1 is just really niceLizH1 is just really niceLizH1 is just really niceLizH1 is just really niceLizH1 is just really niceLizH1 is just really nice
Default New to US

Hi there

I have just moved to Boulder, Colorado with my husband and two small children. I'm a northern girl by origin, growing up in the Lake District, but I married an American and after 10 years in London we decided to make the move. So far so good!

I'm pleased to have found this site!

Liz
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:07 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to US

Originally Posted by LizH1
Hi there

I have just moved to Boulder, Colorado with my husband and two small children. I'm a northern girl by origin, growing up in the Lake District, but I married an American and after 10 years in London we decided to make the move. So far so good!

Liz
Welcome Liz,
Old Nov 17th 2009, 2:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LizH1
Hi there

Liz

Hello Liz and welcome to BE.

Below is a link to our US forums...just shout out if you need assistance finding your way around.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57
Old Nov 18th 2009, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there Liz, welcome to the board, I'm from the NW originally and will more than likely be moving back to CO in May next year (In IL right now) hope you have fun on here and if you need any help, give a shout
Old Nov 19th 2009, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Chugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to beholdChugabug is a splendid one to behold

Welcome Liz. New to this forum myself although I've lived in the U.S. for 10 years. Hope all is going well for you.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:34 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to BE and to the US - hope we can help you get settled in! I made the trip to Ohio over 2 years ago now!
Old Nov 19th 2009, 8:57 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

welcome and enjoy.....

can I also say it's a relief to have a "newbie" on here who has already sorted their paperwork out.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: New to US

Hello everyone.
Like Liz, I am also new to this site.. but not America.
I have been here since 2005, but sometimes - still - I find myself desperately homesick.. (or perhaps I should say people sick) and have a great yearning to hear a British voice, or have a British joke and be able to tell it without explaining the punchline!!

Love it here, but just have a little ache for all things British sometimes.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Jackie.
Old Nov 19th 2009, 9:54 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keaki80
Hello everyone.
I have been here since 2005, but sometimes - still - I find myself desperately homesick.. (or perhaps I should say people sick) and have a great yearning to hear a British voice, or have a British joke and be able to tell it without explaining the punchline!!

Jackie.
Welcome to you too Jackie
Old Nov 19th 2009, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keaki80
Hello everyone.

Jackie.
Good to see you posting on the forum Jackie
I think we all get homesick for things/people at times, some times are harder than others (like Christmas) I think if you are lucky enough to be able to go home on a regular basis that helps, although it's tough to get on that plane to come back sometimes.

You will find lots of people on the forum that have the same feelings as you, you know what they say...misery loves company... Not to say we are all miserable of course
Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Liz & Jackie,

Welcome to BE.

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

keaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of lightkeaki80 is a glorious beacon of light

[/FONT]
Thanks for the welcomes. I do manage to get home quite regularly, I feel so lucky about that.. and being older, my sisters are all able to join me here regularly, too.
My biggest upset is my son. He was 19 and at university when I came here and it breaks my heart to have him so far away.
I know time helps, but it is difficult.
I just have to find my way around this web-site and get used to logging in regularly, as it does help to know others understand.
My husband is wonderful but, being from America, doesn't truly understand how difficult it can be at times.
Still, enough moaning.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone.
Old Nov 27th 2009, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Tom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond reputeTom60 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
Hey there Liz, welcome to the board, I'm from the NW originally and will more than likely be moving back to CO in May next year (In IL right now) hope you have fun on here and if you need any help, give a shout
Welcome to the newcomers, and happy Thanksgiving. And to ET, I'm from IL too, Danville, in the waste lands SW of Chicago. I'm sure you'll love Colorado.