Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New to the UK and to BE

New to the UK and to BE

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

nica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond repute
Default New to the UK and to BE

Hello I'm new here hoping for some feedback about my husband's US visa. We are in the UK I am a US citizen and he's a UK citizen. We have a history in the US, that's where we met, married and had our 2 children and intend to go back as soon as we can sort this all out. Basically we can go 1 of two routes work or family though it seems we can't meet all of the qualifications for either. We are so confused all we really need is a first step to get the ball rolling but are unsure about what that is.
I will gladly go into further detail as our case is a bit complicated but first would like advice on where on this site would be most appropriate to post it.
Thanks and I look forward to your feedback!
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the UK and to BE

Originally Posted by nica924
Hello I'm new here hoping for some feedback about my husband's US visa. We are in the UK I am a US citizen and he's a UK citizen. We have a history in the US, that's where we met, married and had our 2 children and intend to go back as soon as we can sort this all out. Basically we can go 1 of two routes work or family though it seems we can't meet all of the qualifications for either. We are so confused all we really need is a first step to get the ball rolling but are unsure about what that is.
I will gladly go into further detail as our case is a bit complicated but first would like advice on where on this site would be most appropriate to post it.
Hi there and welcome to BE

If you are looking at spouse visas for the US you should be able to find some info here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57

If you can't find the info you're looking for, plenty of helpful posters that can offer advice.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:30 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi nica and welcome to the forum
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

nica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond reputenica924 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks I'm getting some much needed advice already!!
I thank you all for welcoming me so completely
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Pippa1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I have lived in the States for 15 years now, did not know this website existed
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:53 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pippa1
Hi,
I have lived in the States for 15 years now, did not know this website existed
Hi Pippa and welcome

If you follow the link above, it will take you to the US sections - lots of expats there

Have a wander and shout if you get lost
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I will try
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

Keep getting lost, it's confusing!
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by Pippa1
Keep getting lost, it's confusing!
The link to the US sections is here - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57

At the top of the page, you should also be able to find a button called 'forum index' which will show you all the sections. Next to that is 'my profile' which will show you threads you have subscribed to withnew posts, and a bit further along are 'unread posts' and 'today's posts' which will show you the most recent threads with new posts.

Does that help at all?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Thank you
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 8:02 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 6th 2013, 3:38 am
Just Joined

mariamalm1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol! I was wondering who are those highlighted names and thought they are important people! I just realised they are spammers.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 3:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nica924
Sorry to ask but, what do you mean by "we can't meet all of the qualifications for either"? Is it because of the new rules in the UK?

You can pretty much find the answers to your question here.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

As a native American, I don't believe you will need a proof of English nor ESOL with Citizenship.
Cheers!
Old Oct 6th 2013, 3:48 am
Just Joined

I think that is one less problem for you, compared to other people from Asian countries who needs to prove their English and do the life in UK test or ESOL with Citizenship.
Old Oct 7th 2013, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mariamalm1980
Sorry to ask but, what do you mean by "we can't meet all of the qualifications for either"? Is it because of the new rules in the UK?

You can pretty much find the answers to your question here.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

As a native American, I don't believe you will need a proof of English nor ESOL with Citizenship.
Cheers!
What I meant was that I didn't quite understand the qualifications I posted under USA marriage based visa as "some help for which visa to apply for" if your interested but I think I got my questions answered, thanks!!