Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New to site! Looking to move back to England..

New to site! Looking to move back to England..

Old Dec 13th 2019, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Gilly1968 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New to site! Looking to move back to England..

Hi Everyone!

Just found this site! I moved to Canada in 1972 at age 4. Still a permanent resident in Canada as I never applied for my Canadian citizenship. My husband (a Canadian) and I are considering moving to England in a few years. Just not sure where to start, ie. working, living, planning the move! Where to move to?? Born in Widnes (near Liverpool)...considering Liverpool. Any suggestions/help would be really appreciated!

Thanks
Gillian
Old Dec 13th 2019, 4:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to site! Looking to move back to England..

Hi, welcome to BE.

I can't believe you've never become a Canadian citizen! I'd recommend you do so, even though you'll keep your PR status as long as you're living with your Canadian spouse, it would just give you a bit more security if you ever wanted to move back there.

If you both want to move to the UK then you'll need to sponsor your husband for a spouse visa, there are various ways to meet the financial requirements. Head to our spouse visa sub-forum where the good folks there will be able to help you with your application. https://britishexpats.com/forum/citi...-visas-uk-196/

Best of luck.