Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

new in Nashville

new in Nashville

Old Dec 6th 2011, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Mikula24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default new in Nashville

My Husband and I moved to Nashville from Amsterdam, NL 3month ago. We are from Austria but expats since 27 years.
i was member at several women's clubs and always enjoyed it to be part of an international group. I searched the net but couldn't find anything like that here?
Any other expats out there doing fun things ?
Old Dec 6th 2011, 5:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new in Nashville

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 7th 2011, 12:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE and hope you like the area you've moved to!

No idea about any local groups, but there's a couple of posters who used to post who were in that area, don't know if there still are though, but you might have a bit of luck and find something if you search the US forums?
Old Dec 13th 2011, 12:44 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikula24
My Husband and I moved to Nashville from Amsterdam, NL 3month ago. We are from Austria but expats since 27 years.
i was member at several women's clubs and always enjoyed it to be part of an international group. I searched the net but couldn't find anything like that here?
Hi Mikula24,

Welcome to BE. I hope you are finding your way around ok. Pop over to our USA section and say hi there too. I think we have some members in your neck of the woods
Old Dec 14th 2011, 1:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there and welcome to BE.

I love Amersterdam. My husband worked in the city the first year we were married. I used to spend every weekend there...happy days.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 9:25 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mikula

Welcome to BE from me too.
All the best in your new home

Dread - x
Old Dec 14th 2011, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Mikula

Welcome to BE from me too.
All the best in your new home

Dread - x
Thank you, busy with Xmas preparations because our kids are coming over from London.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 9:35 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, busy with Xmas preparations because our kids are coming over from London.
Christmas seems to be coming quicker than ever this year - don't know if I will get everything done.
One great and fabulous thing in Nashville is the live music - enjoy !

Dread - x
Old Dec 14th 2011, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Christmas seems to be coming quicker than ever this year - don't know if I will get everything done.
One great and fabulous thing in Nashville is the live music - enjoy !

Dread - x
It's true, we went to the Bluebird cafe and the gigs are great.
At least I know already where all the shops are for my shopping.
Old Dec 14th 2011, 10:16 pm

It's true, we went to the Bluebird cafe and the gigs are great.
At least I know already where all the shops are for my shopping.
That's the essential things sorted - the rest should be a breeze !!

I must admit Tennessee shops are pretty good - they always seem to have sales - it was well worth taking that empty suitcase with me ! (one of best friends lives in memphis so not a million miles from you). We took a few days in Nashville just for the live gigs and it was fab. Then again Beale Street in Memphis was amazing too.

Dread - x