Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New Mexico living, British born

New Mexico living, British born

Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Sarahleamy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Mexico living, British born

Hello, well not surprising after the US election results, I'm reaching out to other expats. I've been looking into graduate school in the States but now I want to look into Canada schools. I'll be researching visas etc. Any advice welcome! Oh and I'm still a British citizen with a green card here. Thanks
Old Nov 9th 2016, 7:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Mexico living, British born

Hi and welcome to BE

Sorry to learn that you are leaving the US but Canada is an okay country to live and work in and some of their universities are quite sought after, i.e. McGill.

Please have a look at the Canadian forum for school visas. I know that JerseyGirl's lovely daughter went to a Canadian university while they were living in the US. I'm sure she will be of a big help to you.

Good luck in furthering your education.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 8:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahleamy
Hello, well not surprising after the US election results, I'm reaching out to other expats. .....
Welcome to BE.

Yes, it was a great result last night and I am optimistic about the future. ..... I certainly wouldn't want to leave right now.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Hi and welcome to BE

Sorry to learn that you are leaving the US but Canada is an okay country to live and work in and some of their universities are quite sought after, i.e. McGill.

Please have a look at the Canadian forum for school visas. I know that JerseyGirl's lovely daughter went to a Canadian university while they were living in the US. I'm sure she will be of a big help to you.

Good luck in furthering your education.
Great info, thanks. I will. I also found out today that with my green card I can visit Canada for upto 6 months so maybe I get the best of both worlds? I'm a free lance writer and can travel and write. I do like the idea of Grad school though, so I'll research more. Do you know about funding opportunities? Would I be an international student if I have a British passport? thanks again, s
Old Nov 9th 2016, 9:13 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah

I strongly suggest that you ask these questions in the Canada forum. Lots of people with lots of knowledge and information to share.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Sarah

I strongly suggest that you ask these questions in the Canada forum. Lots of people with lots of knowledge and information to share.
Shall do, thanks.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 9:59 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi there and a warm welcome to BE .

Please pop along to the Canada forum. & have a chat about this.