Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New member - hello

New member - hello

Old Oct 2nd 2013, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

SteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud of
Default New member - hello

Hi folks. Just signed up hoping some of you can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking to travel to Australia (hopefully permanently despite never been before - I'm fed up of England) and want to gather as much info as I can regards visas, work, accommodation and things like rates of pay and cost of living etc.

Ideally would like work in the construction industry although I have recently gained qualifications in bookkeeping so that is also another avenue for me to go down.

I have no specific plan regards location so I'm open to any offers.

Thanks in advance,

Matt.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 7:56 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member - hello

Originally Posted by SteelCityBrickie
Hi folks. Just signed up hoping some of you can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking to travel to Australia (hopefully permanently despite never been before - I'm fed up of England) and want to gather as much info as I can regards visas, work, accommodation and things like rates of pay and cost of living etc.

Ideally would like work in the construction industry although I have recently gained qualifications in bookkeeping so that is also another avenue for me to go down.

I have no specific plan regards location so I'm open to any offers.

Thanks in advance,

Matt.
Hi Matt and welcome to BE

Our Australia forums should be able - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Are you looking at a permanent move, or something for a year or two?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

SteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud ofSteelCityBrickie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Matt and welcome to BE

Our Australia forums should be able - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Are you looking at a permanent move, or something for a year or two?
Hopefully permanent but I understand how big the move is/could be and that a lot of thought needs to go into it. I've had a terrible past few years and want to start a new chapter in a new place away from here.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a gander on there as well.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:23 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SteelCityBrickie
Hopefully permanent but I understand how big the move is/could be and that a lot of thought needs to go into it. I've had a terrible past few years and want to start a new chapter in a new place away from here.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a gander on there as well.
It's part of this forum

Just the section where those who've made the move, or those looking to make the move, to Australia hang out.
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 8:01 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Rosemary, and thanks for the tips. As far as spammers and trolls go, don't worry, I've dealt with them before. I've moderated forums myself so I know what's what.

I'll browse the forum properly when I can get to a computer (I'm on mobile thus far so it's not as quick or mobile friendly).

Ideally, I'd like to be able to contact someone who knows anyone in the construction industry in Australia. Anything to make my move easier would be a huge help, though I know this is isn't guaranteed.

Thanks again,

Matt.
Old Oct 4th 2013, 6:46 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Matt, welcome to the forum and all the best with your plans
Old Oct 6th 2013, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Cheers. Hopefully my plans come to fruition as soon as possible with some advice from the good folk on here.