Old Jul 5th 2010, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

barryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nice
Default new member

Hi Everyone,
I have been a so called 'ex-pat' for over 30 years now but this is the first time I have ventured into the mystic land of an expat forum. Wish me luck !!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:53 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new member

Originally Posted by barryjc
Hi Everyone,
I have been a so called 'ex-pat' for over 30 years now but this is the first time I have ventured into the mystic land of an expat forum. Wish me luck !!!
Hi there!

Welcome to BE - with 30 years of being an expat under your belt you should be able to teach us whippersnappers a few things!!
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Barry...welcome to BE. Have you lived in Spain for 30 years...or moved around?

I see you have already posted in our US forums but you may also be interested in our Spain forums. This link will direct you to the main index page of the Spain Forums. We have a large number of expat members living in Spain and the US. If you require any help finding your way around the many BE forums we have a great team of concierges who will pleased to assist you. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

For any other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Their names can be found at the bottom right hand side of each forum's main index page. Moderators' names are printed in bold print...concierges' names are printed in regular print.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 5th 2010 at 6:07 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:11 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,
Welcome to the Forum, Fond of Andalusia myself as my dad lives there. Plus its not so far from here in the Pyrenees Mountains.

You will find the Users in the Spanish Section a nice chatty bunch......
Old Jul 6th 2010, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

barryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nicebarryjc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello Barry...welcome to BE. Have you lived in Spain for 30 years...or moved around?

I see you have already posted in our US forums but you may also be interested in our Spain forums. This link will direct you to the main index page of the Spain Forums. We have a large number of expat members living in Spain and the US. If you require any help finding your way around the many BE forums we have a great team of concierges who will pleased to assist you. You can find a list of their names at the bottom right hand side of this page.

For any other concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Their names can be found at the bottom right hand side of each forum's main index page. Moderators' names are printed in bold print...concierges' names are printed in regular print.

Is this the correct way to reply ?

Thank you for your welcome Jerseygirl , I am sure I am going to enjoy veiwing and participating on this forum. But tell me, as I am new to all this, could you explain the difference, and in what circumstances I should contact a 'concierge', a 'moderator' or a 'administrator'.
As for my past address for the last 30 years or so, they have ,by circumstance only, been pretty evenly split between Bermuda, Kenya, and Zanzibar, but for the last year our primary residence has been in southern Spain
Old Jul 6th 2010, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Did you recieve my reply to your kind welcome
Old Jul 7th 2010, 2:09 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Is this the correct way to reply ?

Thank you for your welcome Jerseygirl , I am sure I am going to enjoy veiwing and participating on this forum. But tell me, as I am new to all this, could you explain the difference, and in what circumstances I should contact a 'concierge', a 'moderator' or a 'administrator'.
As for my past address for the last 30 years or so, they have ,by circumstance only, been pretty evenly split between Bermuda, Kenya, and Zanzibar, but for the last year our primary residence has been in southern Spain
Hi Barry

Welcome to BE.
You have certainly lived ! With your experiences I am sure you will have much to offer to the site. I hope you have fun making new friends.

To answer your question :
Administrators are those who actually run the site - they are the boss !
Moderators are appointed to each forum and effectively 'police' it, by making sure that spammers etc are kept out and that people post with respect to others etc. They also ensure posts go onto the correct threads. They would be the people to complain to if you are unhappy about something.
Concierges are there to assist new members who come onto the site by pointing them to the right forums, answering questions about navigating the site etc. and any other help they can give.

If you haven't already, introduce yourself onto the Spain forum (and the forums of the other places you have lived if you wish) and I am sure you will receive a warm welcome.

If you have any questions, please just ask.

Dread - x
Old Jul 7th 2010, 2:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Did you recieve my reply to your kind welcome
Sorry for not replying earlier...yes I can see your previous post.

Hopefully the following will answer your question. It was taken from the FAQ's...this is located in the pink bar at the top of each page. Why don't you take a look at some of the other FAQ's?

To become a Moderator one must be helpful and respectful to other members. Moderators, and Concierges, are appointed by Site Admin to oversee specific areas of the site.

Super Moderators have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, ban members and perform other manipulations. They can do this across the whole forum.

Moderators have the same responsibilities, and abilities, as Super Moderators, but are assigned specific forums in which they can perform these duties.

When a member reports a post it is brought to the attention of the moderator who is assigned that forum, and to all Super Moderators.

Concierges are not moderators, but instead act as BE tour guides. They are here to welcome new members to the community and to assist them if they have questions about how to use the site. Each Concierge is assigned to the Welcome Inn, and a country forum.

The above information can also be found in the 'sticky threads' at the top of this forum's index page. Please read the sticky threads at the top of each forum before posting in that forum...they are the ones that have 'Read Me' in red font.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 7th 2010 at 3:13 am.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 2:32 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the following will answer your question. It was taken from the FAQ's...this is located in the pink bar at the top of each page. Why don't you take a look at some of the other FAQ's?

To become a Moderator one must be helpful and respectful to other members. Moderators, and Concierges, are appointed by Site Admin to oversee specific areas of the site.

Super Moderators have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, ban members and perform other manipulations. They can do this across the whole forum.

Moderators have the same responsibilities, and abilities, as Super Moderators, but are assigned specific forums in which they can perform these duties.

When a member reports a post it is brought to the attention of the moderator who is assigned that forum, and to all Super Moderators.

Concierges are not moderators, but instead act as BE tour guides. They are here to welcome new members to the community and to assist them if they have questions about how to use the site. Each Concierge is assigned to the Welcome Inn, and a country forum.

Jerseygirl

You say it so much better than me !!

Dread - x
Old Jul 7th 2010, 3:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Jerseygirl

You say it so much better than me !!

Dread - x
Nah...your explanation was terrific...mine was just a cut and paste jobbie of the offical version.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 8:56 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the forum Barry, I live just a bit (well ok a bit more than a bit) to the north of you.
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Barry

Welcome to BE.
You have certainly lived ! With your experiences I am sure you will have much to offer to the site. I hope you have fun making new friends.

To answer your question :
Administrators are those who actually run the site - they are the boss !
Moderators are appointed to each forum and effectively 'police' it, by making sure that spammers etc are kept out and that people post with respect to others etc. They also ensure posts go onto the correct threads. They would be the people to complain to if you are unhappy about something.
Concierges are there to assist new members who come onto the site by pointing them to the right forums, answering questions about navigating the site etc. and any other help they can give.

If you haven't already, introduce yourself onto the Spain forum (and the forums of the other places you have lived if you wish) and I am sure you will receive a warm welcome.

If you have any questions, please just ask.

Dread - x

Thank you for your welcome Dreadsoc, and for all the info

Barry
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

The above information can also be found in the 'sticky threads' at the top of this forum's index page. Please read the sticky threads at the top of each forum before posting in that forum...they are the ones that have 'Read Me' in red font.
Thanks for all your guidance Jerseygirl I will inwardly digest !!
Yrs
barry
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Welcome to the forum Barry, I live just a bit (well ok a bit more than a bit) to the north of you.

Thanks to you also for the welcome.....a bit north...even in my Z3 it would be a hard days drive !!!!!But they say it's a beautiful part of the country if not a little 'damp' on occasion
barry
Old Jul 7th 2010, 12:28 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to you also for the welcome.....a bit north...even in my Z3 it would be a hard days drive !!!!!But they say it's a beautiful part of the country if not a little 'damp' on occasion
barry

We have loads of guests from all over Andalusia, so it is not so far! As for damp, do you realise that this winter it was wetter down south then up north...it is a crazy world, weather wise.
I look forward to reading your posts on the section for Spain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.