Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Hello-Oman to Dubai

Hello-Oman to Dubai

Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

jbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nice
Default Hello-Oman to Dubai

Hi Everyone, my name is Stephen and I will be coming to live in Dubai over the next few weeks. Having lived in Oman previously I imagine it will be a bit of a change. Originally from Coventry in England, just turned 44 a few weeks ago and am single. Will be working in Mustafaha AD so not looking forward to the commute each day.
Steve
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

cenys1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hello

Hi,
Just been working in AL AIN AD for 3 yrs -- if you are going to live in dubai and travel to Mustafah or is MUSSAFAH in AD -- the road is not bad at all -- but the place is a bit remote!!
Good luck
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

jbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nicejbond is just really nice

Hi
Have been advised to live in Dubai at either Discovery Gardens or JLT and commute to Mustafha Ind Est AD each day. Have been told the drive is around an hour one way and the road is OK, does that sound right???
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

cenys1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes on a good day -- like everywhere else driving from Dubai or in dubai is much better than abu dhabi.
I actually prefer being in dubai and you would love Dubai, I miss the place now.
I moved to Singapore in Feb and believe me -- I prefer the lifestyle in Dubai.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jbond
Hi Everyone, my name is Stephen and I will be coming to live in Dubai over the next few weeks. Having lived in Oman previously I imagine it will be a bit of a change. Originally from Coventry in England, just turned 44 a few weeks ago and am single. Will be working in Mustafaha AD so not looking forward to the commute each day.
Steve
Hi Steve...welcome.

I'm glad you've found BE...I hope you enjoy your time with us. There are many BE members living in Dubai so hopefully you'll make some friends through this website.

We have a great group of expats living out there...so if you need any help or info ask away. If you click here it will take you directly to our Middle East forums. Please post any questions you may have about life in the ME in there. If you just want to exchange banter with fellow Brits...the Sand Pit Forum is the way to go.

Please shout out if you have any problems finding your way around the forums. The moderators for the ME forums are Bob, NorthernLad and rowell...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jun 1st 2010 at 3:31 pm.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

Hi
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello-Oman to Dubai

Welcome to BE and good luck!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy being part of our community.

The best of luck with your move, and as per JerseyGirl, if you've got any site questions don't hesitate to let us know and we will do all we can to help.

Sue
Old Jul 8th 2010, 5:53 am
Account Closed

yummybrummy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jbond
Steve
Hi Steve,

Only just picked up your thread and guess you've arrived now in Dubai. Hope all is going well for you and you're coping with the commute to AD.

Only been here 7 months myself but if I can help in anyway let me know