British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   New Joiner (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/new-joiner-890351/)

Yuccaplant Jan 19th 2017 9:40 am

New Joiner

Hello :)

I am new to this and signed up to try and after returning to the UK from a 3 week holiday in Australia only 4 days ago I am looking get some advice on living and working in Australia.
I guess the first step for me is trying to find out how I can obtain a suitable working visa as from my understanding the 'Working Holiday Visa' is still a max age of 30. Unfortunately I have missed that boat as I am 33 this year :(

Any ideas would be gratefully received

Pollyana Jan 19th 2017 10:29 am

Re: New Joiner

Originally Posted by Yuccaplant (Post 12155784)

I am new to this and signed up to try and after returning to the UK from a 3 week holiday in Australia only 4 days ago I am looking get some advice on living and working in Australia.
I guess the first step for me is trying to find out how I can obtain a suitable working visa as from my understanding the 'Working Holiday Visa' is still a max age of 30. Unfortunately I have missed that boat as I am 33 this year :(

What do you do for a job? What skills do you have? :)

mikelincs Jan 19th 2017 10:34 am

Originally Posted by Yuccaplant (Post 12155784)

Welcome to BE.

You would be better off asking specific questions in the Australia forum and the relevant one is here.

Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) - British Expats

I hope your stay with us works out for you and, to ensure that your interaction with the forum is simple, I would suggest a quick read of the forum rules if you haven't already done so.

Yuccaplant Jan 19th 2017 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 12155817)
What do you do for a job? What skills do you have? :)

I work in banking as an Executive Assistant

Rosemary Jan 25th 2017 9:06 pm

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary