Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New Join Tertra (for Terry & Tracey)

New Join Tertra (for Terry & Tracey)

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

tertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nice
Default New Join Tertra (for Terry & Tracey)

Hi everyone.

I'm Terry, an American guy, who's been courting a wonderful Welsh lady I met some time ago. We began talking causually about Liverpool, where I visited almost 30 years ago in the military, and where Tracey's son now attends university.

I've had the pleasure of visiting Tracey in Holywell, Wales and spending some time in Manchester and Chester while I was briefly there a couple weeks ago. Tracey will visit me in the northern Virginia and Metro Wash D.C. area in less than a week--actually to ring in the new year with me.

My purpose in joining this community is to learn more about friends and allies I've always respected, and maybe get a perspective or two on how this Yank (and others!) may fit better into the world scene! (Go easy, please!)

Most importantly, though, I'd like a forum to help both Tracey and I transition if we get more serious in our relationship--either to Wales or to the U.S.--and we're moving well along that path. I've mentioned to Tracey that her questions and concerns about immigration and transitioning another school-age son to the U.S., for example, might be a perfect topic to take up with expats.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to joining you.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:51 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Join Tertra (for Terry & Tracey)

Hi Terry,

It's very nice to meet you and welcome to the site. I hope your stay with us is long, and that you enjoy getting to know everyone.

Please let me know if you have any questions about using the site.

Oh and greetings of the season

Sue
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

tertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nicetertra is just really nice

Thank you on both counts, Sue, and I certainly will.

Best of the season to you too!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 3:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tertra
Hi everyone.

I'm Terry, an American guy, who's been courting a wonderful Welsh lady I met some time ago. We began talking causually about Liverpool, where I visited almost 30 years ago in the military, and where Tracey's son now attends university.

I've had the pleasure of visiting Tracey in Holywell, Wales and spending some time in Manchester and Chester while I was briefly there a couple weeks ago. Tracey will visit me in the northern Virginia and Metro Wash D.C. area in less than a week--actually to ring in the new year with me.

My purpose in joining this community is to learn more about friends and allies I've always respected, and maybe get a perspective or two on how this Yank (and others!) may fit better into the world scene! (Go easy, please!)

Most importantly, though, I'd like a forum to help both Tracey and I transition if we get more serious in our relationship--either to Wales or to the U.S.--and we're moving well along that path. I've mentioned to Tracey that her questions and concerns about immigration and transitioning another school-age son to the U.S., for example, might be a perfect topic to take up with expats.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to joining you.
Hello Terry...welcome to BE.

I lived in Chester for many years...then moved just over the border into North Wales before moving to the US 13 years ago.

Although this is called British Expats we have many US members and quite a few of us hold dual citizenship.

You may want to take a look at our US forums http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57 ...particularly this one http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Dec 23rd 2009 at 3:41 am.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 5:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tertra

Most importantly, though, I'd like a forum to help both Tracey and I transition if we get more serious in our relationship--either to Wales or to the U.S.--and we're moving well along that path. I've mentioned to Tracey that her questions and concerns about immigration and transitioning another school-age son to the U.S
Welcome aboard, kids.
Terry: have a thick skin. 'They' love to rip 'us' apart. (with loving intention, I'm sure) There's several of us US-half members here; my Brit DH never posts here.
Tracey: check out the Marriage-based immigration forum for details, but read the USA forum for info on schools & kids in general, also in the Trailer Park.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Hello Terry...welcome to BE.

I lived in Chester for many years...then moved just over the border into North Wales before moving to the US 13 years ago.

Although this is called British Expats we have many US members and quite a few of us hold dual citizenship.

You may want to take a look at our US forums http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57 ...particularly this one http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35
Many thanks Jerseygirl. I poked around those forums a little this morning; very interesting.
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Welcome aboard, kids.
Terry: have a thick skin. 'They' love to rip 'us' apart. (with loving intention, I'm sure) There's several of us US-half members here; my Brit DH never posts here.
Tracey: check out the Marriage-based immigration forum for details, but read the USA forum for info on schools & kids in general, also in the Trailer Park.
Thanks for the pointers!
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
'They' love to rip 'us' apart.
Too right!

Welcome Terry and Tracey
Old Dec 23rd 2009, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Welcome Terry and Tracey
Thank you Sally!

Terry