Reload this Page >

New here and looking

New here and looking

Old Apr 5th 2014, 3:18 am
Just Joined

pickarose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New here and looking

Hi all, good to be here.

As are many people, I'm looking around to figure out the next step in life. I just spent the last 7 years teaching English, after working in IT and going to school, and I'm pretty sure it was a financial disaster. (Let me check my pockets... yup, it was a complete disaster.)

Now I'm in Canada and can't afford anything here. Not to turn this into a CV, but I've got quite a few skills, like BA Writing and Literature, BA Visual Art, Network+ certified, lots of international experience. Doesn't sound like much when I write it out, but there are a lot of skills embedded in each area (not to mention the things I know but don't want to pursue).

So, now that I've turned 40, have no retirement at all, and I'm sick of throwing my life away on something that doesn't get me anywhere, here I am.

Looking for advice on how to restart my life doing something that is interesting and that pays something. (Possible in a location that doesn't freeze over for 6 months of the year.)

Hope everyone here is as smart and experienced as I think, cause I'm looking for a way out and can't see one yet.

Nice to meet all of you!
Old Apr 5th 2014, 7:42 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New here and looking

Hi and welcome to BE
Old Apr 5th 2014, 12:38 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to the forum . Hope you find what you are looking for.
Old Apr 5th 2014, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

pickarose is an unknown quantity at this point

Me too.