A New Friend

Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

godfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nice
Smile A New Friend

Greetings Everyone:
I am moving to Wisconsin from Maryland. I am a Brit in the USA for 3 more years ( I think ) I was living in Oxfordshire before coming to the USA.
I am very soft spoken, caring, and creative. I give my life in service to helping others. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Love and hugs
Bookworm
Old Feb 18th 2010, 2:53 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A New Friend

Originally Posted by godfrey0812
Greetings Everyone:
I am moving to Wisconsin from Maryland. I am a Brit in the USA for 3 more years ( I think ) I was living in Oxfordshire before coming to the USA.
I am very soft spoken, caring, and creative. I give my life in service to helping others. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Love and hugs
Bookworm
Hi Godfrey,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy your stay with us. I am in North Carolina. How are you finding the USA? Have you settled in okay?

Be sure to check out our USA forums. We've got loads of people there that I am sure you will enjoy getting to know.

In the meantime if you have any questions please give me a shout.

Sue
Old Feb 18th 2010, 5:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello there Godfrey...welcome to BE.

As Sue said be sure to check our our US forums...I'll see you there.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

godfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nicegodfrey0812 is just really nice
Smile Re: A New Friend

Dear Sue and Jersey Girl:
Thank you for having me. How long have you been in the USA? What is it like where you live? Do you miss the UK? What part are you from? Where in New Jersey and North Carolina do you live? Have you had a lot of snow? I was snowed in last week. I could not leave this building until I shovelled a path.

I think the USA is big with lovely people. I like the shops. I really like A.C. Moore, and Michaels and also Border's. I like a magazine called "Cross Country Stitching". Do you know it? The shops have it six times a year. I have already started on a project from the February 2010.

I just find the law to be a bit strict. I must be very careful. The weapons the police carry scare me a bit. Some of them can be very nice. I am thankful to be healthy as the USA does not have the National Health Service.

I like being out in the country. I was in Georgia for 24 days over my birthday and Christmas. They kept me busy on the telephones, packing gifts and helping in the shop. Here in Maryland, I answer the telephones, take messages, empty bins and collect the post. I expect to be moving to Wisconsin at the end of next week. I will go by Amtrak.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. Must run to get on the telephone.
Bookworm
Old Feb 18th 2010, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Sue and Jersey Girl:
Thank you for having me. How long have you been in the USA? What is it like where you live? Do you miss the UK? What part are you from? Where in New Jersey and North Carolina do you live? Have you had a lot of snow? I was snowed in last week. I could not leave this building until I shovelled a path.

I think the USA is big with lovely people. I like the shops. I really like A.C. Moore, and Michaels and also Border's. I like a magazine called "Cross Country Stitching". Do you know it? The shops have it six times a year. I have already started on a project from the February 2010.

I just find the law to be a bit strict. I must be very careful. The weapons the police carry scare me a bit. Some of them can be very nice. I am thankful to be healthy as the USA does not have the National Health Service.

I like being out in the country. I was in Georgia for 24 days over my birthday and Christmas. They kept me busy on the telephones, packing gifts and helping in the shop. Here in Maryland, I answer the telephones, take messages, empty bins and collect the post. I expect to be moving to Wisconsin at the end of next week. I will go by Amtrak.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone. Must run to get on the telephone.
Bookworm

I've lived in north west New Jersey for almost 14 years...we moved with my husband's job. Yes we normally get lots of snow during the winter...there's about 18" down at the moment. I do miss the UK but I'm lucky because I go back several times a year.

Good luck with the move.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 4:46 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Hi godfrey0812, I live out West, in Oregon. I'm an American, married to a Brit.. what brought you to the US?
I'm glad to read you mostly like it.
Old Feb 19th 2010, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: A New Friend

Dear Meauxna:
It is good to know there is someone out there. Have you been across the pond? What is it like where you live?
I came to the USA to volunteer for various organisations. I enjoy giving myself to help others.

I have volunteered at summer camps. One camp I was at has a totally volunteer staff. I have always worked in administrative assistance as I love communication with people by telephone and computer.

I have gone back to England after. This time I have stayed here. I have permission to be here at the moment. I just have to be careful.
I like the libraries over here. I like everything except some of the laws being a bit strict. There are some things that USA citizens are required to do that I could not do. I can only volunteer at the moment. I can not have a regular job. As long as I have a place to live and food I am happy.

I try to keep busy with crafts and the computer. I enjoy creating things that bring joy to others.

I better run as it is getting late. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Bookworm
Old Feb 25th 2010, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi Godfrey,

Welcome to BE. I hope you enjoy your stay with us. I am in North Carolina. How are you finding the USA? Have you settled in okay?

Be sure to check out our USA forums. We've got loads of people there that I am sure you will enjoy getting to know.

In the meantime if you have any questions please give me a shout.

Sue
Dear Sue, Jerseygirl and Mexauna:
I have been in bed since after church on Sunday. I have not seen any human beings except for 2 colleagues. I have only had food 3 times since then. I am slowly getting better.
Looking forward to hearing from everyone soon.
Anna
Old Feb 25th 2010, 5:59 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I have been in bed since after church on Sunday. I have not seen any human beings except for 2 colleagues. I have only had food 3 times since then. I am slowly getting better.
Anna
Hi Anna,

I am sorry to read you have been unwell. I think there are lots of colds and stomach bugs going around at the moment.

Look after yourself and keep warm.

Sue
Old Feb 25th 2010, 6:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Anna
Sorry to hear you're not well Anna. Hopefully you'll be up and around soon.

Take care.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 12:56 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Anna
This has been the worst winter for illnesses; glad you're on the mend.

To answer your earlier questions, yes, I've been over the pond. I lived in Spain and Greece, where I met my husband. My family lived in Spain when I was a girl. We live living in Oregon so much that I don't know if we will live in the UK in the future, but you never know!

I have to say, your life sounds very mysterious! Are you trying to stay permanently in the US?