British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   New to forum - Living in Christchurch, New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/new-forum-living-christchurch-new-zealand-696972/)

selondon Dec 14th 2010 10:15 pm

New to forum - Living in Christchurch, New Zealand

Just found this forum.Living in Christchurch, NZ.. Moved back out here from London in March 2010 with Kiwi wife. No earthquake in 16,000 years and we walk into it.:eek:
Anyway at least we're part of that exclusive club. It would be good to communicate with any Brit ex pats who miss the Brit sense of humour

DeadVim Dec 14th 2010 10:47 pm

Re: New to forum

Originally Posted by selondon (Post 9040640)
Just found this forum.Living in Christchurch, NZ.. Moved back out here from London in March 2010 with Kiwi wife. No earthquake in 16,000 years and we walk into it.:eek:
Anyway at least we're part of that exclusive club. It would be good to communicate with any Brit ex pats who miss the Brit sense of humour

Our official Concierge "alistairboyle" appears to be off sick today so allow me to welcome you to this fine forum and hope that the Earth continues to move for you and your wife but in a good way.

I like and miss the British sense of humour, the Aussie version can be similar but seems to be lacking at the moment especially if cricket is mentioned.

Enjoy your stay on the forum!

Jerseygirl Dec 14th 2010 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by selondon (Post 9040640)

Hi there and welcome to BE.

Most of us miss the British sense of humour....that's why most of us are addicted to BE. :D

We have a great crowd of people who post in our New Zealand Forums...why don't you pop over there and take a look around.

We have a team of concierges who act as tour guides to help new members find their way around the many BE forums. The concierges for the NZ forums are Dewb09 or Vitalstatistix.

If you have any problems or concerns please contact a moderator or admin. The mods for the NZ forums are Bevs and Am Loolah.

Please give me a shout is you need any more help.

selondon Dec 15th 2010 6:05 am

Appreciate the replies folks. Will take your advice onboard. Here's to that ashes win!:thumbup:

Sue Dec 15th 2010 12:39 pm

Re: New to forum - Living in Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi selondon,

Welcome to BE. I see you have found your way to the New Zealand forum. I am sure you will enjoy getting to know the members who post in there, they are a great bunch.

Don't forget if you get on anything site related there are plenty of us about to help so don't hesitate to give us a shout. There is generally one of us prowling the halls of BE night and day :)