New To This

Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

AmongstTheMany is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New To This

Hi Guys

I'm new to expat but have read some of the links and found that a lot of people on here are very helpful when it comes to providing support, and information required. So I'm hoping that I could get some help too.

I'm 20 years old and have been always dreamed of working in the statesl, my passion to do so has become more intense as my partner lives there and I really would love to one day join her.
Now I've been researching intensely on visa requirements needed to uphold any form of visa within the US not having immediate family out ruled me for the family based and being that I'm in a same sex relationship the marriage visa is also out ruled, which subsequently has left me with the only hope would be a student or working visa.

Ideally a working visa would be more ideal as I would be able to earn a living and then maybe study. I have been working with my company for a year now they are an american based company so I was hoping for a transfer but I have no managerial experience nor do I have a degree. Has anyone done the transfer without either of these that could offer me with some advice?I would be awfully grateful

I would like to hear from those who have
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:33 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New To This

Originally Posted by AmongstTheMany
Hi Guys

I'm new to expat but have read some of the links and found that a lot of people on here are very helpful when it comes to providing support, and information required. So I'm hoping that I could get some help too.

I'm 20 years old and have been always dreamed of working in the statesl, my passion to do so has become more intense as my partner lives there and I really would love to one day join her.
Now I've been researching intensely on visa requirements needed to uphold any form of visa within the US not having immediate family out ruled me for the family based and being that I'm in a same sex relationship the marriage visa is also out ruled, which subsequently has left me with the only hope would be a student or working visa.

Ideally a working visa would be more ideal as I would be able to earn a living and then maybe study. I have been working with my company for a year now they are an american based company so I was hoping for a transfer but I have no managerial experience nor do I have a degree. Has anyone done the transfer without either of these that could offer me with some advice?I would be awfully grateful

Hi Amongst the many

First of all welcome to BE.

I think you would really benefit from posting your dilemma on our forum dedciated to the USA. You wil find it by pressing the 'forum index' tab on the pink bar at the top of this page. Scroll down the list of countries until you find 'USA' then double click on the title and you're in. I would advise you to start a new thread with your question (new thread button is at the bottom of the first page.
Don't forget to read any stickies at the top of the first forum page - they're the ones titles in red.
There are lots of good folks posting on the forum who will be very happy to help and advise you.

It is quite ridiculous that the marriage visa is unavailable to you and others in same sex relationships in this day and age.

Good luck - I hope you find a way

Dread - x
Old Apr 17th 2011, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

AmongstTheMany is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Amongst the many

First of all welcome to BE.

I think you would really benefit from posting your dilemma on our forum dedciated to the USA. You wil find it by pressing the 'forum index' tab on the pink bar at the top of this page. Scroll down the list of countries until you find 'USA' then double click on the title and you're in. I would advise you to start a new thread with your question (new thread button is at the bottom of the first page.
Don't forget to read any stickies at the top of the first forum page - they're the ones titles in red.
There are lots of good folks posting on the forum who will be very happy to help and advise you.

It is quite ridiculous that the marriage visa is unavailable to you and others in same sex relationships in this day and age.

Good luck - I hope you find a way

Dread - x
Thank you for responding to my post, I have now posted the thread on the usa forum like stated above.

It is very disheartening to know that same sex couples can not get a visa like non same sex couples can as the hardships of having a long distance relationship just the same on both grounds only difference is we're deeply in love and have been struggling with the situation for a year and would both love to set up family together but with the visa aspect it is really difficult but I guess I can't dwell on it I just have to find another way around getting a visa.
Old Apr 17th 2011, 10:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmongstTheMany
Hi Guys

Hi there and welcome to BE.

The US is a very difficult country to immigrate to unless you are married to an American or can get a job transfer. I see you have already reposted in the US Immigration and Visas forum...please post any questions you have about the actual immigration process in that forum. General questions about life in the US should be posted in the US Forum. The Trailer Park is for general chit chat.

Please take time to take a look in the BE Wiki...it's a great source for information and read through the 'stickied' threads at the top of the forum's index page. You will probably find you will get a much better response if you show that you have done a little research before you post...the Wiki and stickied threads will help you out there.

If you require any assistance finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges who will act as your tour guide...they will be pleased to help you. The concierge for the US forums is Kaffy Mintcake...please contact her if you need pointing in the right direction.

Any problems or concerns should be addressed to a mod or admin. The mods for the US Immigration forums are Meauxna, Noorah101, Bob and MsElui.

Please give me a shout if I can be of further help. I look forward to seeing you in the US forums.