Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Neighbour advice, please help!!

Neighbour advice, please help!!

Old Dec 30th 2012, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Soph36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Neighbour advice, please help!!

I'm still living at home with my parents, we love in a quiet estate!! My boyfriend has recently brought a new car, Mazda rx7 which if anyone is familiar with is a very different car to many! It has a rotary engine which takes time to warm up and cool down so you can't just turn it on and off like a ordinary car!! My boyfriend used to stay round most nights but as he leaves at 7.30 we thought it would be better not to as the car can get quite loud and we didn't want to wake anyone up!! Tonight my boyfriend got into his car and turned it on and the neighbour opposite came rushing out shouting at him about the noise of his car, he apologised and explained that it takes a few minutes just to warm up and then he will be on his way but she thinks he keeps doing this on purpose to wind her up!! He left mine at 10pm so it's not that late and she came out dressed so she wasn't asleep!! My mum and dad like to keep the neighbours happy as we would like to live here for a long time and it's better to get along but they agree with me that we didn't leave it to late and he's not staying over no more just for their benefit so she was in the wrong to come out shouting at my partner!! What does everyone think and what should we do??
Old Dec 30th 2012, 9:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Neighbour advice, please help!!

Hello there...welcome. Although I'm not sure if you have the right forum. As the name suggests we are mainly a forum for Brits living overseas...and I see you are posting from the UK.
Old Dec 30th 2012, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Soph36 is an unknown quantity at this point

I realised that when I posted it but I don't know how to
Move it lol
Old Dec 30th 2012, 10:04 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Soph36
I realised that when I posted it but I don't know how to
Move it lol
There is nowhere on British Expats to move it to. As I explained we are mainly Brits living overseas...and from what you have described you are having neighbour trouble in the UK. You may find a more appropriate forum to air your problems using Google.