Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Need Some advice for FLR-M application

Need Some advice for FLR-M application

Old Dec 16th 2016, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

iamcompletelymad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Some advice for FLR-M application

Hi Guys i am new to this site.I am sure you would help me with my query. Any advice would be much appreciated. I Was trying to fill my FLR-M form.
There is a Question 5.10: Have you ever remained in the UK beyond the validity of your visa?

I was refused a Student visa in august 2011 hich i appealed against and the appeal was dismissed on 17 October 2011 and determination promulgated. I never received any letter to leave from the country or any exlusion order . I got married to my ex (European partner) in January 2012 and got an eea2 in may 2012.
I am confused if i should mention that in the answer that i remained in the u beyond my visa from 17th October to 13 january which was my marriage date ( as i am supposed to be on legal status from the moment i get married )

Also, we just got divorced recently and i have got married to my current british partner and hence the FLR-M application.

can anyone please help me with what dates or what should i write in that column.Thanks

SJD

Old Dec 16th 2016, 3:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Some advice for FLR-M application

Hi and welcome to BE

This is the Welcome Inn where we ask people to introduce themselves. Since you have a specific question regarding immigration issues to the UK, I have copied your post and moved it to the Moving Back to the UK ... Citizenship and Immigration forum.

Please stop in there and look for the responses to your question.

Again, welcome to BE.
Old Dec 16th 2016, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Hi and welcome to BE

This is the Welcome Inn where we ask people to introduce themselves. Since you have a specific question regarding immigration issues to the UK, I have copied your post and moved it to the Moving Back to the UK ... Citizenship and Immigration forum.

Please stop in there and look for the responses to your question.

Again, welcome to BE.

can you please give me the link of the thread. thanks
Old Dec 16th 2016, 4:09 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

As I mentioned it is in Moving Back to the UK forum.

Glad to make your life a little easier:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...cation-888918/
Old Dec 18th 2016, 11:26 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamcompletelymad
Hi Guys i am new to this site.I am sure you would help me with my query. Any advice would be much appreciated. I Was trying to fill my FLR-M form.
There is a Question 5.10: Have you ever remained in the UK beyond the validity of your visa?

I was refused a Student visa in august 2011 hich i appealed against and the appeal was dismissed on 17 October 2011 and determination promulgated. I never received any letter to leave from the country or any exlusion order . I got married to my ex (European partner) in January 2012 and got an eea2 in may 2012.
I am confused if i should mention that in the answer that i remained in the u beyond my visa from 17th October to 13 january which was my marriage date ( as i am supposed to be on legal status from the moment i get married )

Also, we just got divorced recently and i have got married to my current british partner and hence the FLR-M application.

can anyone please help me with what dates or what should i write in that column.Thanks

SJD

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Dec 19th 2016, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

Hi guys i would like to thank you for all your help. I have been granted my flr m visa today for 30 months after months of stress . i went for a premium service and guess i was just lucky.
I would like to request all the gurus to try their best to support cases like mine. People come here with the tiniest hope that someone would understand them and answer their query rather than judging them and telling them that they will fail. I learnt a very important lesson today that you should never give up hope. There will always be complicated cases like mine and chances would be slim . But if you try to right a wrong and know inside your heart that you might just make it, things will go your way.

Anyway, Please dont take any of this personally and please help and advice lost passengers like me in the future. Take care

BRP granted on 19th december 2016.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 12:47 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys i would like to thank you for all your help. I have been granted my flr m visa today for 30 months after months of stress . i went for a premium service and guess i was just lucky.
I would like to request all the gurus to try their best to support cases like mine. People come here with the tiniest hope that someone would understand them and answer their query rather than judging them and telling them that they will fail. I learnt a very important lesson today that you should never give up hope. There will always be complicated cases like mine and chances would be slim . But if you try to right a wrong and know inside your heart that you might just make it, things will go your way.

Anyway, Please dont take any of this personally and please help and advice lost passengers like me in the future. Take care

Not sure what you mean? You were welcomed to BE, directed to the correct section of the forum, and from the information you gave it was suggested that you answer 'yes' to the question re whether you'd overstayed a previous visa. Not sure how you go from that to thinking you were 'being judged' and told you would fail??

BE's been around for a long time and has assisted countless - yes, countless people to find their way around the immigration and visa maze of every country in the world. This isn't a guess, it's in the words of thanks from posters that have been helped. Personally, I find it pretty offensive that you've been here for 5 minutes and are denigrating the hundreds of volunteers that have given up their time and have been so demonstrably successful in answering queries.

BE's a community of people who have experienced immigration and will share their experiences, if similar to the question being posed. If anyone is seeking one on one attention and follow-up from a professional, there are numerous registered immigration advisors one can engage on a professional basis.

All the best for the future.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 1:00 pm
Concierge

Congratulations on your success. You are a new member and not familiar with BE and its many forums. That is one of our main purposes, other than providing expats a place to find like people to share a good conversation with.

Having been there for over a decade, I can tell you that hundreds have been on the receiving end of the knowledge and experience of our membership in their quests for visas to live and work in other countries and on particulars on what needs to be done to make life a little easier once you get there.

It is also our policy to honest with people who don't have a chance of making their dreams come true. For example the people who visit Florida for the beaches and Disney and then want to live here but don't have the financial means to get an investment visa or have the credentials to obtain a work visa. More often than not, they are told to further their education, go into a different career or find a UK company with a US branch and work there for 3 years and see if you can get a transfer to the US branch.

You had one post with a very simple question and it was answered simply. No one was negative to you. So I am thinking you are talking about other threads. It is sad that you have decided to negate the entire site on a handful of readings. Oh well, you got your FLR and that is what you were after and got.

Thanks for the kudos.

Last edited by Rete; Dec 19th 2016 at 1:07 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2016, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thread closed.