Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Need a sample of Affidavit of free Status for Belarus

Need a sample of Affidavit of free Status for Belarus

Old Oct 5th 2013, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

rogi61 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need a sample of Affidavit of free Status for Belarus

I am planning to marry my fiancé in Belarus. Have all the necessary documents, exept Affidavit of Free Status. I can get it at the US Consulate in Minsk, but it would take too long (translation, then legalization).
I can bring it from the States, but don’t know how to write one, or what key statements Belarusian authorities are looking for. Does anyone has a sample of this document, or knows how to write one?
Old Oct 5th 2013, 1:16 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a sample of Affidavit of free Status for Belarus

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

I'm not sure if we have any regular posters in Belarus, but take a look in the general section of the Europe section of the forum. Never know, might find a few folks.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 9:22 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rogi61
I am planning to marry my fiancé in Belarus. Have all the necessary documents, exept Affidavit of Free Status. I can get it at the US Consulate in Minsk, but it would take too long (translation, then legalization).
I can bring it from the States, but don’t know how to write one, or what key statements Belarusian authorities are looking for. Does anyone has a sample of this document, or knows how to write one?
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
When I was asking a question about St Petersburg, I posted in the main section of the Rest of the World forum and got a reply from a knowledgeable Expat elsewhere in Russia.
But I suspect that you'll have to get any document that you take to Minsk translated and legalised, and the US Consulate there is probably the best option esp as they are well placed to know what statements the authorities are looking for.
All the best!
Old Oct 6th 2013, 12:28 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

hehe. There's a number of countries that sort of straddle different continents and Belarus probably falls into that category. Anyway, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I think Belarus is in Europe
Old Oct 6th 2013, 1:09 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bakedbean
hehe. There's a number of countries that sort of straddle different continents and Belarus probably falls into that category. Anyway, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I think Belarus is in Europe

My bad! I just checked on Wikipedia and Belarus is indeed in Eastern Europe!
Old Oct 6th 2013, 1:34 pm

I'll give myself a pat on the head then. Is this an appropriate time to say I failed my Geography O level?