Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

New kid on the block - Looking to move to Canada

New kid on the block - Looking to move to Canada

Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Enclosedcars2 has a brilliant futureEnclosedcars2 has a brilliant futureEnclosedcars2 has a brilliant futureEnclosedcars2 has a brilliant futureEnclosedcars2 has a brilliant futureEnclosedcars2 has a brilliant future
Default New kid on the block - Looking to move to Canada

Hi all just wanted hello to you all.
I am based in Taunton Somerset
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:36 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New kid on the block

Hi Enclosedcars

Welcome to BE.
Somerset eh? nice part of the UK - and rather potent cider too if I recall my last visit there correctly !!
Are you thinking of emigrating abroad? If so please let us know what place takes your fancy and I can point you in the ight direction forum wise.
If you are not moving anywhere, welcome aboard anyway - pop in and join in as and where you wish

The main thing is have fun

Dread - x
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Enclosedcars2
Hi all just wanted hello to you all.
I am based in Taunton Somerset
Hello...welcome to BE.

Don't be shy...tell us a little more about yourself.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Enclosedcars2 has a brilliant futureEnclosedcars2 has a brilliant futureEnclosedcars2 has a brilliant futureEnclosedcars2 has a brilliant futureEnclosedcars2 has a brilliant futureEnclosedcars2 has a brilliant future

Hi Enclosedcars

Welcome to BE.
Somerset eh? nice part of the UK - and rather potent cider too if I recall my last visit there correctly !!
Are you thinking of emigrating abroad? If so please let us know what place takes your fancy and I can point you in the ight direction forum wise.
If you are not moving anywhere, welcome aboard anyway - pop in and join in as and where you wish

Dread - x

Thanks for that, bit of short welcome I know but was not sure what else to write.
Yeah Taunton is a stunning aera but the cider has long gone, Taunton Cider factory was raised to the ground and is now a housing estate..... Well sort of when they got some money they throw up a few more houses the size of postage stamps and cost a small fortune Rant over
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, bit of short welcome I know but was not sure what else to write.
Yeah Taunton is a stunning aera but the cider has long gone, Taunton Cider factory was raised to the ground and is now a housing estate..... Well sort of when they got some money they throw up a few more houses the size of postage stamps and cost a small fortune Rant over
What brings you to BE...are you looking to move overseas?
Old Sep 19th 2011, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the welcome.
Came across this forum as I am looking to move to Canada, always wanted to go eversince I was small there has been a draw for me to go but you know what it's like one thing leads to another and then it don't happen.
Been to a couple seminar thinking here we go but when I started looking into things it didn't quite add up.
Read some reviews on a couple of companies that were offering jobs and they are Micky mouse.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 9:11 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Enclosedcars

Welcome to BE.

Dread - x

That is one crying shame - another great traditional thing ruined.
Have you had a look at our Canada forum yet?
If not you will find it by clicking on the 'forum index' tab on the pink bar at the top of the page. Scroll down the list of countries and double click on Canada.
There is a great deal of information on there which is from peopl who are or have made the move so it is very accurate. There are also lots of Brit expats only too happy to answer any questions you have. Christian is the concierge for Canada so he will help you find your way around there.

You never know you may just find that key to unlock your dreams on there

Dread - x
Old Sep 19th 2011, 9:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks for the welcome.
Came across this forum as I am looking to move to Canada, always wanted to go eversince I was small there has been a draw for me to go but you know what it's like one thing leads to another and then it don't happen.
Been to a couple seminar thinking here we go but when I started looking into things it didn't quite add up.
Read some reviews on a couple of companies that were offering jobs and they are Micky mouse.
You may be interested in dropping by our Canada Forums. The link I have given you will direct you to the index page of the main Canada forum. At the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums...the top one being the Immigration Forum. Any questions relating specifically to the immigration process should be posted there. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

The BE Wiki is a great source of information...I recommend you take a read through the Canada section.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Please give me a shout if you require assistance with anything.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Cheers for all the advise I will be back no dought asking you questions as I don't do computers.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 10:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Cheers for all the advise I will be back no dought asking you questions as I don't do computers.
You're doing OK so far ...there's always someone around to help you out if you need it.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 3:44 am

Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Enclosedcars,
Nooooooooooooooooooo! Say it isn't so! I'm origianlly from Hants, but spent a good deal of my youth in the west-country so I LOVE good cider!
... I am looking to move to Canada, always wanted to go eversince I was small there has been a draw for me to go but you know what it's like one thing leads to another and then it don't happen.
Been to a couple seminar thinking here we go but when I started looking into things it didn't quite add up. ...
In my case, one thing led to another and it did happen ... and I have yet to get over it!

I see Jerseygirl has you set up with all the pertinent links and information. I've been over here for so long, that the process has changed, moreover I came to relatives, however, I do know the country fairly well, and I think I can field any questions about life over here vs the UK ... (basically, talk American, spell British but with the OED twist on -ize, and drive on the off-side ... I wouldn't chisel that into a stone tablet, but it's good for a start and more than I knew when I landed in this frozen gawd forsaken hostile wasteland that ................ never mind ).

With every good wish,
Christian

P.S. This may be getting old, but the truth in it still makes me laugh ...

English Canada in a nutshell and under a minute!

Old Sep 20th 2011, 6:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary