Reload this Page >

Name says it all!

Name says it all!

Old Sep 21st 2012, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

EnglandToAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Name says it all!

Hey guys!

I've just graduated from University where I just so happened to meet a girl im pretty crazy about, but who unfortunately happens to live roughly 5000 miles away upon returning home... thus the dream is largely to follow her over there eventually!

I've researched a little bit some of the possibilities open to us with regards to finding ways to be together in the long term (though it all seems rather confusing, so wont pretend I know much what im doing ). I've come across this site before and had a little look round, so though id actually register and hopefully get a clearer idea of the way forward .

I guess one of the bigger reasons I decided to register is to gain a greater idea of not just the path to being with her, but also the realism of it all. Im 21 and currently jobseeking (though that shouldn't be the case for too much longer *crosses fingers*), while she is back in the US finishing the final year of her Degree (last year while she was here, was on a year abroad study scheme). I guess the thing im most curious about is a rough timeframe I could expect it all to take? whether it would be particularly difficult for us? Im aware its a reasonably long process all in all and that things like securing a job in America would be pretty difficult... I guess im looking for experiences similar to mine .

So yeah, hope to learn a fair bit about the way things work and make a few friends in the process .

Last edited by EnglandToAmerica; Sep 21st 2012 at 11:15 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 11:25 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Name says it all!

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Sep 21st 2012, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much . Yeah, when previously glancing the site and the forums and such, there is certainly a wealth of information on here. It would be great if immigration provided a step-by-step guide or a simple checklist of things you need to do for this to happen, but I know its a very complex process and with a bit of research you can get a better idea of things, even if it all seems very daunting!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 12:11 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EnglandToAmerica
Thank you very much . Yeah, when previously glancing the site and the forums and such, there is certainly a wealth of information on here. It would be great if immigration provided a step-by-step guide or a simple checklist of things you need to do for this to happen, but I know its a very complex process and with a bit of research you can get a better idea of things, even if it all seems very daunting!
Hi and Welcome.

Check out the wiki at the top of the screen. Pulaski simplified is a list of questions, which, if any applies to you, will point you towards a suitable visa. If you find any, post your questions in the USA/immigration section. (or just re post what you said above). From what you have written I guess a marriage based visa is a good bet, that has its own forum. (that was my path too).
Also do a search or browse those forums. Situations like yours come up several times a week!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 12:13 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

You can visit her on the VWP (make sure you don't overstay) and she can visit you here. Take it from there.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RICH
Hi and Welcome.

Check out the wiki at the top of the screen. Pulaski simplified is a list of questions, which, if any applies to you, will point you towards a suitable visa. If you find any, post your questions in the USA/immigration section. (or just re post what you said above). From what you have written I guess a marriage based visa is a good bet, that has its own forum. (that was my path too).
Also do a search or browse those forums. Situations like yours come up several times a week!
Haha yeah I imagine they do! That's partly why I wanted to mention a bit more in my intro rather than fill the other sections with 'Poster #260497 is completely in love and wants to do everything to go be with his love' . I think what we have is special for a multitude of reasons (which I wont detail and make you vomit ), and for that I'd like to take the marriage route. Plus it seems the best way for us to go so thats the plan.

Originally Posted by JRG67
You can visit her on the VWP (make sure you don't overstay) and she can visit you here. Take it from there.
Yeah that was the first step of the plan. With work (soon hopefully) I couldn't visit for close to the 90 day limit anyways so breaching the terms hopefully shouldn't be close to an issue. But marrying her isn't something I'd wanna rush into anyways (not that I could!) so visiting each other is the next step.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 8:45 am
Banned

JRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to allJRG67 is a name known to all

Oh, I forgot to add make sure you keep evidence (ticket stubbs etc) of each journey either of you make to the US or Britain as you will need them when/if you apply for a fiance/spouse visa in the future.
Also make sure you have at least 3 photos of you both together.
Good luck with the future.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JRG67
Oh, I forgot to add make sure you keep evidence (ticket stubbs etc) of each journey either of you make to the US or Britain as you will need them when/if you apply for a fiance/spouse visa in the future.
Also make sure you have at least 3 photos of you both together.
Good luck with the future.
Tbh, I probably would've kept them as keepsakes anyways, and she will definitely make sure we have that photo limit beat by a few thousands :P.

Thank you for the advice and the wishes