British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Welcome Inn (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/)
-   -   As my screen name suggests I want to go back to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/welcome-inn-145/my-screen-name-suggests-i-want-go-back-uk-769237/)

Willgohome Aug 23rd 2012 10:55 am

As my screen name suggests I want to go back to the UK

I have been here in the US since '84 except for a couple of times when I moved back for 1 years 'ish' at each time in an effort to repatriate myself and my USA born wife, both times we ended coming back to the USA for economical reasons.

Having said the above I'm mentally/emotionally ready (but not financially) to move back to the UK and intend for this to work out this time, failure is not an option.

I miss my country so much and can't wait to move back, even 'if' it's going to take the next few years to make it happen.

I guess that's it for now, and thanx so much for this forum where like minded people can help each other :)

Regards
Willgohome.......I have no doubt

Sue Aug 23rd 2012 6:13 pm

Re: As my screen name suggests I want to go back to the UK

Willgohome,

Well you've come to the right place, we have a forum especially for members like you called Moving Back to the UK and you will be amongst kindred spirits there. Some have been planning a move back for a few years, so no worries and have moved back and settled well. Others up sticks and move back fairly quickly and some move back and don't settle so well. So you are going to learn lots and lots about the good, and the bad of moving back and the ins and outs because everyone is really great at sharing tips and experiences.

So dive on in here, read through some threads, get to know everyone and say hi.

I hope you enjoy being part of our little BE community and that you will be a member for a long time to come :starsmile:

Willgohome Aug 24th 2012 10:18 pm

Thanx Sue! that was a really lovely welcome, I know I'll enjoy reading all the different threads and interacting with everyone :)

dreadsoc Aug 25th 2012 12:56 am

Hiya Willgohome

I see Sue has put you on to the Moving Back to the UK forum so you are hopefully finding your feet there and chatting with other 'ex expats' who have made the return to the green and pleasant lands, as well as getting lots of useful information along the way.

That just leaves me to say welcome to BE and I wish you all the very best with your plans to move back

Dread - x

Rosemary Aug 25th 2012 10:05 am

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary

hotmiami25 Aug 27th 2012 3:59 pm

I lived in Atlanta and Orlando for 14 years and 3 years ago moved back to Scotland for 6 months a year and the other 6 months in Colombia never regrettedaam so happy to be back home in Scotland, life is short just go for it