Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to the USA from UK

Moving to the USA from UK

Old Feb 25th 2019, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Carlh2019 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the USA from UK

Hi, my wife and I are looking to move to the USA (Watonga) from UK (Telford, Shrops)

Hoping that its not going to be too difficult, I will remain employed by my employer here in the UK as our company is a software development company and I work from home so we're finding some beautiful homes there (at great prices too).

Have lots of questions!

Thanks and hopefully I can learn a few things and pass them onto others wishing to do the same.

Carl
Old Feb 25th 2019, 8:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the USA from UK

Originally Posted by Carlh2019 View Post
Hi, my wife and I are looking to move to the USA (Watonga) from UK (Telford, Shrops)

Hoping that its not going to be too difficult, I will remain employed by my employer here in the UK as our company is a software development company and I work from home so we're finding some beautiful homes there (at great prices too).

Have lots of questions!

Thanks and hopefully I can learn a few things and pass them onto others wishing to do the same.

Carl
Hi, welcome to BE.

I assume from what you've said that you or your wife are a US citizen? So the visa bit will be easy at least.

You'll find the answer to loads of your questions in our US forums, head over there and the lovely folks that hang around in that part of BE will be happy to help with all of your questions about the usual healthcare, lifestyle, cost of living, etc, etc.

Best of luck.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Carlh2019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry - I should have mentioned:
Both my wife and myself are UK born as well as our 2 kids. We also have a german shepherd.

So I will remain employed if we are able to get over to the US. I have been with the same employer for 20 years and there is no issue to remain employed while living there. We will probably (possibly) remain with the same mortgage company, though I am not sure how it all works, hence I'm here to find out
Old Feb 25th 2019, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Visa ? What visa will you procure to enable you to move to the USA ?