Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to the US

Moving to the US

Old Oct 15th 2018, 10:15 pm
Just Joined

PrincessSilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the US

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I finally have my visa and I am moving from the UK to East Tennessee, US in a month. Is there many people from the Knoxville area who can recommend things to do/reminders of home?
Old Oct 15th 2018, 11:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the US

Hi PS and welcome to BE

We have several people who live in the State of Tennessee. Not sure if they are near to Knoxville, but then again, Tennessee is not a very big state so they might be able to help you find things do but I'm sure there is little there to remind you of the UK. It is the US after all and the language, food, driving, apartments, etc. are very different from what you have grown up with.

Please have a read of the BE site rules http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

Then go to the USA forum's general room and ask whatever questions you might have. I'm sure there are many, i.e. how to obtain a driver's license, social security card, medical insurance, finding a doctor, dentist, etc. http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/
Since you are coming because you are married to a US Citizen, I'm sure their advice is invaluable.