Reload this Page >

moving uk state pension payments abroad

moving uk state pension payments abroad

Old May 27th 2023, 3:25 am
Just Joined

st cecile is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving uk state pension payments abroad

hi all,
i recently retired and was awaiting my pension to be paid in to my bank acc in the republic of georgia,
i was shocked and stunned to be told it is first sent to citibank america for 5 working days, then transfered to my bank and they take 10 working days to clear that amount,
surely to god there must be a quicker way of sending this money?
i have a small state german pension, which i recieve in my bank acc the same day as when it was sent

cheers carl
Old May 27th 2023, 6:38 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving uk state pension payments abroad

Originally Posted by st cecile
hi all,
i recently retired and was awaiting my pension to be paid in to my bank acc in the republic of georgia,
i was shocked and stunned to be told it is first sent to citibank america for 5 working days, then transfered to my bank and they take 10 working days to clear that amount,
i have a small state german pension, which i recieve in my bank acc the same day as when it was sent

cheers carl
Hi, this part of the forum is for introductions, and you should repost in the appropriate country forum. On the other hand, I'm not sure which section covers Georgia (the country), but the Mods will know where to transfer it.....
My first thought was, where is your awaited pension coming from? Maybe from a country where international bank transfers are more complicated than Germany.....
Old May 27th 2023, 10:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

cheers carl
This forum is purely for new members to introduce themselves. Please let me know, via PM, what country’s forum you would like this thread moving to.

Old May 29th 2023, 7:08 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

cheers carl
Many people on the forum use Wise
Either by having the money deposited into a UK bank account and then transferred to your own account where resident (it's usually within 24 hours) - in your case Georgia - or by setting up a Wise account which uses the various identifying numbers that UK banks use and then transferring to your Georgia account.

But perhaps this delay is just on the first payment and it speeds up once established?
Originally Posted by dmu
My first thought was, where is your awaited pension coming from? Maybe from a country where international bank transfers are more complicated than Germany.....
I think it might be from the UK going by the title