Reload this Page >

Moving from UK to NZ

Moving from UK to NZ

Old Dec 22nd 2012, 2:56 am
Just Joined

Mummy Sian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from UK to NZ

Hi all,

just wanting some friendly advice as we are thinking about moving from Sheffield, UK to Christchurch NZ. We have two small children (3 yrs and 9 months) and should be able to get jobs within Christchurch Hospital. The major issue I have is my parents, my mum will be devastated when we tell her. Generally though, any help on cost of living, house buying and how to make friends (and influence people) would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Merry Christmas to all x
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 11:23 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from UK to NZ

Originally Posted by Mummy Sian
Hi all,

just wanting some friendly advice as we are thinking about moving from Sheffield, UK to Christchurch NZ. We have two small children (3 yrs and 9 months) and should be able to get jobs within Christchurch Hospital. The major issue I have is my parents, my mum will be devastated when we tell her. Generally though, any help on cost of living, house buying and how to make friends (and influence people) would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Merry Christmas to all x
Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for posting first in the welcome inn.

The main New Zealand forum is here.

What sort of visa do you have? That's always interersting to know.

Enjoy B.E. and a Merry Christams to you also
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 12:39 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Good day!

I am from Sheffield and have been in NZ since 2004. Welcome to the forum!

Hope your Mum is okay with the news, you have to remind yourself that its your life!

Pop into the NZ branch and say hello.
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 1:00 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Mummy Sian. As the guys above have said, do check out the NZ forum. There's loads of info and many folks to help you out.

Hope your Mum takes the news OK. I see you have very young family, so I imagine your Mum is not into senior years just yet. Maybe she would relish a holiday out in NZ once you get settled out there?

All the best with your plans
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Mummy Sian is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning, thanks for the warm welcome. Il post in the nz forum soon. X
Old Dec 24th 2012, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - hope you have a good Xmas!

Take a look in this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753755. It is specifically about ChCh and may help with info etc