Reload this Page >

Moving from UK to Canada

Moving from UK to Canada

Old Feb 25th 2015, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Alimar1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving from UK to Canada

Hi there,

This is my very first post on the forum. My husband and I are right at the beginning of our journey to move from the UK to Canada. Life-changing decisions are about to be made!

We have been told that the best route for us would be for me to apply for a study visa so here goes, at the latter half of my forties I am looking to become a student again!

Although we are meeting with an immigration consultant today, I am thinking of undertaking the application process myself after reading comments on here...would also rather spend that money on more fact-finding trips to Canada.

My husband, son and I are going out to Vancouver Island this summer to stay with my good, childhood friend. This will be our first visit.

My son is in the middle of a Fisheries Management degree course in the UK and wants to live and work in Canada once he graduates.

So...I look forward to reading more of the invaluable and helpful posts of other forum members as well as getting to know you and learn about your own experiences.

Thank you in advance for any help you are able to give me whilst I plough through the application process!
Old Feb 25th 2015, 8:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from UK to Canada

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Definitely no need to use a consultant, particularly if you're going over on a study permit which is a very simple application - you son and his visa options may be more complex, but I still don't think you'd need to use a consultant necessarily.

Best of luck with it, do come and join us in the Canada forums and I'll hopefully see you there.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 9:26 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much Christaoompa (sorry if this is misspelled, I can't see your name on this screen).

I've only been a member of BE for a few minutes and already I have received very helpful advice...the no immigration consultant route it is then!

Thank you and I look forward to more interesting discussions and learnings!
Old Feb 25th 2015, 9:31 am
Just Joined

Sorry...it's Christmasoompa!
Old Feb 25th 2015, 9:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alimar1
Sorry...it's Christmasoompa!
Yep, that's the one! Note the snazzy avatar that a fellow forum member did for me.

Good luck with your plans.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alimar1 & welcome to BE.

Vancouver Island is beautiful ... enjoy your visit this summer!

Oggy
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Oggy!