Moving on

Old Jun 30th 2017, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

chetwynd is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Moving on

This is just a general conversation
We have lived in the South of France amongst the vineyards of the Var for the last 15 years one hour West from Nice airport. We have a beautiful provencale stone farmhouse with 7 beds and 5 acres of land. The house is composed of two neighbouring units each of which is totally independent or it can be used as one. It is a naturalists paradise and we have 300 metres of fishing river on our norther border. The garden is mature and Italianate. The property is ideal for rentals and or bed and breakfast and in immaculate condition.
Now we have decided to sell as it is just too large for the two of us. We are thinking of perhaps a smaller house on the Italian border either to rent or buy and a winter apartment in the Caribbean. At one time we seriously considered the US but property taxes and health costs are just excessive. We might even consider a part exchange but we are very thorough and location, location, location is a high priority. My wife is a talented decorator and I have an art wealth management business. Any ideas will be welcomed.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 1:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving on

Good morning and welcome to BE

How lovely that you are exploring your options on where next to call home. Our forum has sub-forums for most countries worldwide and we invite you to explore them while you ponder your choices before making a decision.

Before posting, we ask that you give a read to the site's rules linked on the beige header above. If you are looking to use BE as an avenue to sell your present home, please list it in the classified section which is linked on the upper blue header.

Again, welcome to BE.
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. Very helpful.
How do I find the classifieds?
Old Jun 30th 2017, 2:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chetwynd
Thank you. Very helpful.
How do I find the classifieds?
On the blue bar at the top of the page. Your house sounds gorgeous and just like the kind of thing hubby and I have looked at with a view to retiring there one way.

Good luck with your new move.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks and you should don't leave it too long. I will put the ad in once I learn how to upload the aerial view photo I have. My heart is set on Italy because of low inheritance tax, the people, the food and the history. France has great services and is much cleaner but the people lack the soul and inheritance taxes are 60%....
Old Jul 5th 2017, 9:50 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary