Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Perth area of Australia soonish!!

Moving to Perth area of Australia soonish!!

Old Oct 20th 2013, 7:55 am
Just Joined

rousie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Perth area of Australia soonish!!

My partner and I are hoping to move to Australia soon and I have a billion and one questions to ask!! It's all about the practicalities like :- is it best to ship a car out? ( I understand there are all sorts of costs re car valuation, clearance, cleaning, inspection fee,import sticker fees....) We have a large tool box to ship out so how much can we cram into a container and whats the most economical way? Where do we stay while we look for a rental? are there cheap mid term type places or b and b's? http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...s/confused.gif

Currently awaiting our visas......been 3 weeks to date and counting!!! http://britishexpats.com/forum/image...erscrossed.gif

Thanks for any correspondence and be grateful for any useful info/suggestions with reference to our relocation, Caz x
Old Oct 20th 2013, 8:11 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Perth area of Australia soonish!!

Originally Posted by rousie
My partner and I are hoping to move to Australia soon and I have a billion and one questions to ask!! It's all about the practicalities like :- is it best to ship a car out? ( I understand there are all sorts of costs re car valuation, clearance, cleaning, inspection fee,import sticker fees....) We have a large tool box to ship out so how much can we cram into a container and whats the most economical way? Where do we stay while we look for a rental? are there cheap mid term type places or b and b's?

Currently awaiting our visas......been 3 weeks to date and counting!!!

Thanks for any correspondence and be grateful for any useful info/suggestions with reference to our relocation, Caz x
Hi Caz and welcome to BE

Lots of your questions have been asked before in our Australian forums - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Can I ask what visa you are applying for?
Old Oct 21st 2013, 3:58 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Caz and welcome to BE
Firstly slow down and breathe Then have a look in the Aus forum as suggested as that will answer many of your questions or post a thread of your own if not.
Good luck with the move, it's an exciting time!!!
P
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Hi Caz and welcome to BE

Lots of your questions have been asked before in our Australian forums - http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Can I ask what visa you are applying for?
Hi and thanks for the welcome, we have a subclass 457, temporary work (skilled) visa. It's my partners work visa and I'm travelling on it too.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hello Caz and welcome to BE
Firstly slow down and breathe Then have a look in the Aus forum as suggested as that will answer many of your questions or post a thread of your own if not.
Good luck with the move, it's an exciting time!!!
P
Thanks for the welcome and the advice- I will take a look .... and definately breathe lol. It does all become a bit of a roller coaster but feel a bit in limbo at the mo awaiting the visa.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 9:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary