Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to OZ - we hope!

Moving to OZ - we hope!

Old Aug 10th 2010, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

sally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nice
Smile Moving to OZ - we hope!

Hi all,

I'm Sally and along with my hubby Nick and kids we hope to move to South Australia in the next couple of years when my hubby comes out of the army. I have lots of family in Oz but have been surprised with how tricky it is to get in! Looking forward to learning lots from the experts in this forum and sharing ideas - it might also help to keep me sane throughout the process!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to OZ - we hope!

Originally Posted by sally_williams70
Hi all,

I'm Sally and along with my hubby Nick and kids we hope to move to South Australia in the next couple of years when my hubby comes out of the army. I have lots of family in Oz but have been surprised with how tricky it is to get in! Looking forward to learning lots from the experts in this forum and sharing ideas - it might also help to keep me sane throughout the process!
Hi Sally and welcome to our cyber community of British Expats. Australia is a very popular destination for our new members today. We have a large group of expats who frequent the Australia forums...so you will probably make some friends before you even arrive there.

We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forum...they will give you tips and advice on life Down Under. The link I have given you will take you to the main index page...at the top of the page you will see a list of sub forums. The top one is Immigrations...please post all immigration specific questions in there. The Barbie is for general chit chat.

Before you begin posting please take time to read through the Site Rules and any stickied threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page. Also please take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Alistairboyle is the concierge for the Australia forums...he will act as your tour guide to help you navigate the many BE forums. So if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact him.

For all other issues please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20, Sonlymewalter and Centurion.

Please give me shout if you need any further help.
Old Aug 10th 2010, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Hi Sally! Welcome to BE, yeah, it's not as easy as it used to be huh? The links Jersey gave you will be a great place for you to re-post your introduction and ask questions, Good luck
Old Aug 11th 2010, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

sally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nicesally_williams70 is just really nice
Smile Re: Moving to OZ - we hope!

Thanks for the messages - I can't wait to get going! I expect I will have loads of questions but it is also useful just to read some of the posts already made - they have already given me lots of food for thought.

Cheers

Sally
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the messages - I can't wait to get going! I expect I will have loads of questions but it is also useful just to read some of the posts already made - they have already given me lots of food for thought.

Cheers

Sally
That's a great idea...reading older posts...it's something that new members raely do, maybe they don't realize they can? But you can usually get answers to some of your questions that way, instead of posting the same ones. You can even get answers to some you hadn't even thought of yet

You have plenty of time, just get the feel of the place and when you are ready, you will do fine
Old Aug 11th 2010, 3:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Sally
I usually recommend new members take a little time and read through old posts/threads before posting. It helps to get to know the different characters...sarcasm is rife on the forums and some new members can be offended by it. Also sometimes what may seem like an all out blood bath to an outsider is often just old friends sparing.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I usually recommend new members take a little time and read through old posts/threads before posting. It helps to get to know the different characters...sarcasm is rife on the forums and some new members can be offended by it. Also sometimes what may seem like an all out blood bath to an outsider is often just old friends sparing.
yeah, there are quite a few 'old friends' around BE
Old Aug 11th 2010, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Moving to OZ - we hope!

Well if you guys are anything to go by, I think this will become a lifeline!
I had seem some quite negative comments about getting work and how oversaturated trades are (not good news for my hubby) but I'm sure being well informed will help us along. Got to think positive!!
Old Aug 12th 2010, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I had seem some quite negative comments about getting work and how oversaturated trades are (not good news for my hubby) but I'm sure being well informed will help us along. Got to think positive!!
I think the employment situation is bad everywhere at the moment, it's harder to get Visas these days unless you have a job that is in demand.

You are right though, stay positive and do lots of research
Old Aug 12th 2010, 4:13 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally

I see you have been pointed in the right direction by Jerseygirl so that just leaves me to say a further welcome to BE. Have fun exploring all the options and good luck with your plans.

Dread - x