Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Ottawa in June...my first time on a forum be gentle

Moving to Ottawa in June...my first time on a forum be gentle

Old May 1st 2011, 9:52 am
Just Joined

anitac is on a distinguished road
Default Moving to Ottawa in June...my first time on a forum be gentle

I'm originally from Glasgow but currently live in Brussels and moving to Ottawa in June. Just found this forum and seems to be full of great useful information. Can't wait to get to Canada only 7 weeks to go and I've just hit the oh god what am I doing stage where I try to get as much info as possible!
Old May 1st 2011, 7:51 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Ottawa in June...my first time on a forum be gentle

Hi Anitac

Welcome to BE. You have certainly come to the right place for information.

We have a forum dedicated to Canada, which you will find by clicking on the 'forum index' tab on the pink bar at the top of this page. Scroll down the list of countries, double click on Canada and you're in. This is well wprth checking out for all sorts of information to help your move go smoothly and for help in settling in when you get there - and it will be fun making new friends in your new home to be as well.

So don't be shy, jump on in and start enjoying yourself.

Good luck with your move.

Dread - x
Old May 2nd 2011, 12:11 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi anitac,

Welcome to BE. I see you've found your way to our Canada forum ok. I'm sure you will enjoy getting to know everyone there. They are all great at sharing experiences and tips. If you haven't done so already you should also check out our Wiki as we have an extensive section on Canada contributed to by members.

If you ever get stuck on anything site related please give myself, a moderator or a concierge a shout and we will be happy to help.
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

anitac is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the tips, the wiki section is absolutely brilliant I've only managed to get through the job search stuff so far but it's helping me convert my CV into a resume already
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:09 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anitac
Thanks for the tips, the wiki section is absolutely brilliant I've only managed to get through the job search stuff so far but it's helping me convert my CV into a resume already
Some of our members have spend hours building that up, so I'm so pleased you are finding it useful.
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hello...welcome to the site.

I see you have already posted in the Canada Immigration forum ...any questions relating specifically to the immigration process should be posted there. The main forum is for topics relating to Canada and the Maple Leaf is for general chatter. We have a lively group of posters...so you should get many helpful answers to your questions. Please take a few moments to read any sticky threads or announcements that may be posted at the top of each forum's index page.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid is the concierge for the Canada forums...she will be act as your BE tour guides to help you find your way around.

For any other questions, problems or concerns please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa.

Good luck with the move. Please shout out if you require help with anything.