Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

moving to new Zealand?!

moving to new Zealand?!

Old Mar 22nd 2011, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Daisy.flower is just really niceDaisy.flower is just really niceDaisy.flower is just really niceDaisy.flower is just really niceDaisy.flower is just really niceDaisy.flower is just really niceDaisy.flower is just really niceDaisy.flower is just really nice
Smile moving to new Zealand?!

heya,

im Daisy, im moving to new zealand from scotland! really exited!!

any advice?
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 9:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to new Zealand?!

Originally Posted by Daisy.flower
heya,

any advice?
Hey Daisy...welcome to the site.

I see you have already posted in the Youth Club Forum. Hopefully you'll be able to get tips and advice from the teens in there about moving to a new country.

My daughter was a couple of years younger than you when we moved to the US. She quickly made friends and settled in...I'm sure you will too. Good luck.
Old Mar 22nd 2011, 11:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

heya,

any advice?
Kia Ora from New Zealand Daisy.flower. and a warm welcome to Brit Expats.

Enjoy yourself in the Youth Club.

I'm not surprised you are excited. New Zealand is a fun place to be for a young'un.

No bungy jumping when you arrive without your parent's permission.
Old Mar 24th 2011, 12:30 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

heya,

any advice?
Hi Daisy,

Welcome to BE. Are you settling in ok?

Sue
Old Mar 24th 2011, 4:52 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Daisy

Welcome to BE.
Have fun in NZ

Dread - x
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:31 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

heya,

any advice?
Originally Posted by BEVS
Kia Ora from New Zealand Daisy.flower. and a warm welcome to Brit Expats.

Enjoy yourself in the Youth Club.

I'm not surprised you are excited. New Zealand is a fun place to be for a young'un.

No bungy jumping when you arrive without your parent's permission.
Hi Daisy....I can almost 'feel' your excitment!! welcome to BE and I'm sure you'll enjoy posting in the 'Youth Club'
B
Old Mar 24th 2011, 7:54 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello and welcome to BE!

New Zealand is great for young people, there's heaps to do and on the whole everybody is really friendly and helpful.

My two eldest were 12 and 14 when we moved. The 12 year old settled in immediately and made heaps of friends. The 14 year old probably took a little longer to feel "at home." But within a couple of months of moving here it was her birthday and she had a party, invited what seemed like the whole school, and hey presto friendships were made that she still has today, nearly 4 years on! If you come with an open mind and an open smile you should be "sweet as ..." as they say here!

Whereabouts in NZ are you moving to?