Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Malta, please help I'm lost lol

Moving to Malta, please help I'm lost lol

Old Feb 17th 2016, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Chrisfisher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Malta, please help I'm lost lol

Hello all, I want to leave England and move to Malta I am registered disabled ( partially sighted) but i can work, although restricted. I have asked their government for help but they have not replied to my emails. I honestly have no idea how to start this moving.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

maltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to beholdmaltaman is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Malta, please help I'm lost lol

Hi Chris, the easiest way is to move to Malta is for three months as a tourist and apply for jobs to secure eventual residency, if you have 14k for you or 23k for a couple savings in the bank you can apply as a self sufficent resident without employment as long as you secure an address, If you have applied for a government job they are slow to reply.
Old Feb 17th 2016, 10:16 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

if you are on benefits in the UK, there is a social security agreement with Malta

see the posts and links in the following thread - specific post 2, 7 & 10

It will give you Malta contacts also

http://britishexpats.com/forum/malta.../#post11662711
Old Feb 17th 2016, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Thanks guys, sadly I don't have a pile of cash.... I may need help when I first get there, that's the big problem.
Old Feb 18th 2016, 2:28 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris...welcome to BE.

I see you have already posted in our Malta forum. I'm sure our members will help you all they can.

Good luck,
Old Feb 18th 2016, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Where's gozit when you want him?
Old Feb 18th 2016, 7:03 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 18th 2016, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone.... Who is Gozit? I am just trying to sort things out from this side, the move will probably happen next January but I'm going back before then at least twice. I have a mobile on their melita network that seems much cheaper than any UK provider even in England which proves how greedy UK is, anyway, I can't wait to start my new life in paradise.
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 10:51 pm
Just Joined

Adyf has a reputation beyond reputeAdyf has a reputation beyond reputeAdyf has a reputation beyond reputeAdyf has a reputation beyond reputeAdyf has a reputation beyond reputeAdyf has a reputation beyond reputeAdyf has a reputation beyond reputeAdyf has a reputation beyond reputeAdyf has a reputation beyond reputeAdyf has a reputation beyond reputeAdyf has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I can't help in any way constructive , but having been to Malta I can understand your desire to live there , I've travelled a bit and found the people there to be very warm and straightforward , but then again it's a bit like the UK only better weather and they drive on the correct side!