Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving to Hobart

Moving to Hobart

Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

WA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really nice
Default Moving to Hobart

Hi everyone...... Really after information on good and bad areas around Hobart. We live in Perth,WA. Have been here 5 years after emigrating from Brighton,UK. We are looking at moving to the Hobart area. Anywhere within 30 minutes of the CBD. Perth is too hot in the summer (had enough of 42c days!!!) We have 2 small girls, so near to good schools would be good. Any information is greatly received. Cheers Allan.
PS: We have found the only thing we miss from home is family. But they keep coming to visit any way. Why would you miss the M25 car park every day !!!!!!!

Last edited by Sue; Sep 17th 2010 at 2:27 pm. Reason: Post spilt from another thread.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania...wow!

Originally Posted by WA.Brits
Hi everyone...... Really after information on good and bad areas around Hobart. We live in Perth,WA. Have been here 5 years after emigrating from Brighton,UK. We are looking at moving to the Hobart area. Anywhere within 30 minutes of the CBD. Perth is too hot in the summer (had enough of 42c days!!!) We have 2 small girls, so near to good schools would be good. Any information is greatly received. Cheers Allan.
PS: We have found the only thing we miss from home is family. But they keep coming to visit any way. Why would you miss the M25 car park every day !!!!!!!
Hi there and welcome to the site.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 17th 2010 at 3:02 pm. Reason: no longer made sense
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:27 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Hobart

Hi,

Welcome to BE. Just to clarify when you say Hobart, are you referring to Hobart in Tasmania?

Sue
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

WA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really niceWA.Brits is just really nice

Yes Hobart in Tasmania..........
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:46 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Tired of warm days.........hmmm...have you seen the weather in Tassie at the mo?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

Yes I have seen the weather. It will be nice to see rain rather than living in a desert!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I have seen the weather. It will be nice to see rain rather than living in a desert!!!!!!!!
Hi again.

We have a great bunch of people who post in our Australia Forums...why don't you pop over there and join in? Also take a look in the BE Wiki...you'll find loads of useful info in there.

Alistairboyle is the concierge for the Australia forums...he will act as your tour guide to help you navigate the many BE forums. So if you have any problems finding your way around our many forums please contact Alistair.

If you have any concerns or problems please contact a moderator or admin. Every BE forum has at least one moderator dedicated to that forum...Australia has 4...Cresta57, Monneypenny20, Sonlymewalter and Centurion.

I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't forget to shout out should you require any help.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 17th 2010 at 3:24 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 3:16 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Hobart in Tasmania..........
Hi there and now for a proper welcome to B.E. from me

It's my pleasant duty to welcome you to the forum and give you a point of contact should you need any help with the site in general. You can contact me here.

A list of all the moderators and helpers with their relevant countries including Australia can be found here.

Any problems, dont hesitate to PM me.

I should have got this in earlier but have been busy. I'm half way between Adelaide and Melbourne and it has been cold and wet for weeks!

I'm sure you can find the Australia forum. Stick an enquiry in there and you'll get lots of help I'm sure.

Alistair.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Sep 17th 2010 at 3:40 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:34 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Allan

Just to say Welcome to BE from me too.

You may like to have a look down the list of threads on this welcome forum as there are a few recent folks posting about mving to TAZ,so you all may be able to share ideas and information. That's of course in addition to the Australia forum where plenty of the good folk on there are in Taz.

Good luck with your move

Dread - x