Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Moving Back To The UK

Moving Back To The UK

Old Feb 8th 2018, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

rootbound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Back To The UK

Have lived in California for some 38 years plus. For the past three or four years have been seriously deliberating back and forth as to whether or not to return to my roots for the winter of life. My intuition says do it. Familiarity and comfort with California lifestyle tugs at me to remain put. Would and could not have lived in any other State in the US, California is its own unique place. However, certain realities are that the US is not a good or caring country to grow old in, not to mention the current mayhem in its internal and international standing.

Brexit has certainly created a certain amount of its own mayhem, but, still Britain is steeped with a depth in many ways and on many levels which provides an alluring foundation on which to return. I do believe home is in the heart, not where one was born or resides, but one also has to the heart felt tugs!

Have returned to the U.K. every year, for work, pleasure and/or family sometimes more than once or twice a year, sometimes for extended periods. Always feel loves, likes and dislikes and mistakingly fall into the trap of comparisons. After a few weeks in the UK always feel I could slip back into a lifestyle even though Britain today is certainly not the Britain I left, but nor is California the same! My Pros and Cons list is clear, my gut influences my decision but still taking that leap has some questions. Am wondering how others are influenced by their Pros and Cons list.

I was interested in the expat from Arizona, seems you have not had such deliberations.......would welcome input into the process of this decision.....which is all but made to return by year's end.
Old Feb 9th 2018, 2:56 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Back To The UK

Good evening and welcome to BE

Have a go at the Moving Back to the UK forum. It is to be found here:

Moving back to the UK - British Expats

Many are thinking the same as you from wherever they are presently located in the world and like yourself, as anxious to discuss things with like spirits.

Before posting, however, we have a small chore for you and that is to have a read of our site rules. This is the link: Site Rules | British Expatriate Community

Again, Welcome