Moving to Aus

Old Nov 16th 2019, 9:20 am
Just Joined

Fearoftheunknown is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Aus

Hi, my name is jess & from my name I am terrified of the unknown! My partner wants to move to Australia, he travelled there for a year before we met & has always spoken about how amazing it was! He has mentioned before he wants to move but stayed because I wanted too! Now I feel like he needs to go and I'm the only thing keeping him here (UK) and he'll eventually have to go for his own mental health! I'm hear just to learn and read about how others have got on, where's best for what and what to expect! I have a close family whereas he doesn't, the thought of leaving them scares me but I feel like if I never give it a try I'll regret it forever! So that's my story & I look forward to reading through all the posts!
Old Nov 16th 2019, 7:24 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Aus

Welcome to BE.

We do ask all new members to have a quick read of the site rules, https://britishexpats.com/site-rules/
If you do have any site related problems please contact one of our moderators, names in bold at the bottom of each forum page.

Have a look at our Australia forum, there are plenty of people there who have made the move, and I suspect many felt like you, fear of the unknown,

https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/

Old Nov 17th 2019, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Your partner is not "moving" to Australia unless he gets a visa, and those are much harder to come by these days.

Give us some information about his age, profession and qualifications and we can assess the likelihood that a move can actually happen.

If he was here for a year on a Working Holiday Visa - getting residency is completely different process, and much more difficult, than that.

So don't get too upset just yet.
Old Nov 17th 2019, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Fearoftheunknown is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, yes I understand that, I know it's not easy to just move, were at the start with all this! The plan is to get a working visa & travel and see what's what for a year or so then go from there! I don't know where we would want to live at the minute!

He is 28, a welder/fabricator, has quite a few friends out there, one of which works for a recruitment agency, he is fully qualified in his trade and has been in his trade for 10 years!

I just wanted to get an idea of people who have gone through a similar situation and how it turned out. Thanks
Old Nov 17th 2019, 7:42 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fearoftheunknown
Hi, yes I understand that, I know it's not easy to just move, were at the start with all this! The plan is to get a working visa & travel and see what's what for a year or so then go from there! I don't know where we would want to live at the minute!

He is 28, a welder/fabricator, has quite a few friends out there, one of which works for a recruitment agency, he is fully qualified in his trade and has been in his trade for 10 years!

I just wanted to get an idea of people who have gone through a similar situation and how it turned out. Thanks
Hi again.

I really think you would benefit from asking about assorted visas in the Australia Immy forum.

That really is the start point if you are both considering being in Australia for a year. Folks will be able to hep with the correct visa and sub class.